Life Time Fitness, Inc. (NYSE: LTM), the healthy way of life company, today announced that its members lost 48,118 pounds—the equivalent of an 18-wheel tractor semitrailer or 24 tons —during the company’s Life Time Weight Loss 90-Day Challenge.
More than 2,400 Life Time members participated in the program, which encouraged participants to lose the largest percentage of body weight during three months with the support of exercise and nutrition coaching. The Life Time Weight Loss 90 Day Challenge is a source of inspiration and a catalyst for members to start a comprehensive, time bound, personal challenge that will transform their outlook and behavior about weight management.
“Helping our members to take personal responsibility for their health, while providing a fun and educational challenge to help them achieve their goals is what Life Time is all about,” said Jeff Zwiefel, executive vice president, Operations. “Our 90-Day Challenge uniquely delivered the people, programs, support and motivation necessary to provide members with healthy habits for life.”
Among the 2,400 success stories as a part of the 90-Day Challenge are:
- David Battistoni (Orland Park, Ill.): David credits his more than 92-pound 90-Day Challenge weight loss with adding information and structure to his normally sporadic, fad-driven workouts and eating habits.
- Amy Drury (Chanhassen, Minn.): After trying every diet under the sun and contemplating weight loss surgery, Amy lost 93 pounds with the assistance from the experts and programs at Life Time.
- Christopher Alayan (Troy, Mich.): Extremely overweight and not happy with his health or appearance drove Christopher to lose more than 89 pounds during the 90-Day Challenge.
- Ashlee Castillo (Beachwood, Ohio): After using “a million and one excuses” as to why she wasn’t using her membership, Ashlee used the 90-Day Challenge to hold herself accountable and was able to use approximately 54 pounds in just three-months.
During the Challenge, participants received:
- Weekly weigh-ins and weight loss events
- Consultation with a Personal Trainer and Nutrition Coach to help outline their plan
- Two nutrition seminars, an informational grocery store tour, and a comprehensive nutrition e-Book
- Web-enabled support tools via myLT.com
For more information on the next 90-Day Challenge, including inspiring stories of personal transformations, visit http://lifetime-weightloss.com/90day.
About Life Time Fitness, Inc.
As The Healthy Way of Life Company, Life Time Fitness (NYSE:LTM) helps organizations, communities and individuals achieve their total health objectives, athletic aspirations and fitness goals by engaging in their areas of interest – or discovering new passions – both inside and outside of Life Time’s distinctive and large sports, professional fitness, family recreation and spa destinations, most of which operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Company’s Healthy Way of Life approach enables customers to achieve this by providing the best programs, people and places of uncompromising quality and value. As of May 7, 2012, the Company operated 105 centers under the LIFE TIME FITNESS® and LIFE TIME ATHLETIC(SM) brands in the United States and Canada. Additional information about Life Time centers, programs and services is available at lifetimefitness.com.
Karen Jayne Leinberger, 952-229-7162
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here