Singapore, Oct 19, 2011 - (ACN Newswire) - SingTel heads the 32 companies short-listed for the upcoming IR Magazine South East Asia Awards, to be held at Singapore Exchange on December 6, 2011. The Singaporean telecommunications company features on seven award short-lists out of a total of 18, including the individual awards for best investor relations officer and best investor relations by a CFO.
These seven short lists top the six picked up in 2010 by CapitaLand, which is short-listed for six awards this year. Real estate developer CapitaLand will go head to head with SingTel to take home the grand prix for best overall IR for a second year running.
Singaporean banks DBS and OCBC are both up for four awards, followed by UOB with three. Keppel Land, StarHub and Philippine Long Distance Telephone also feature on multiple short lists. The latter company is one of 14 from Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and the Philippines that will compete for four separate country awards for best investor relations in the Singapore market.
A full list of this year's short list is available below, or on our website at www.InsideInvestorRelations.com/seasia.
The short list and the eventual winners, announced at the awards luncheon on December 6, are determined by an independent survey conducted by Mary Maude Research. During July and August, researchers spoke to more than 300 buy-side analysts, sell-side analysts and portfolio managers located in the region. Other awards categories voted for by the investment community include best corporate governance and disclosure policy, and best investor relations during a corporate transaction.
The event at Singapore Exchange will be hosted in association with Singapore Exchange and the Investor Relations Professionals Association (IRPAS), and is co-sponsored BNY Mellon Depositary Receipts.
Looking forward to this year's awards, Neil Stewart, editor-at-large of IR magazine, says: "With uncertainty in the US and Europe driving more investors into Asian emerging markets, IR is a beacon in a worldwide storm of volatility, helping distinguish companies in an increasingly macro-driven world. It is an honor to continue to recognize the best IR teams in South East Asia with these awards, while the conference will once again help to highlight trends and best practices."
IR magazine's Investor Perception Study, Asia 2011/2012, an extensive research report on the winners and short-listed companies, will be published following the event. This year's report will include the new Asia Top 50 IR ranking: a comprehensive list of the top companies across Greater China and South East Asia.
2011 South East Asia Awards short list (Listed alphabetically by company in each category)
I. Grand prix for best overall investor relations - Large cap
- CapitaLand- Singapore Exchange- Singapore Telecommunications- United Overseas Bank
II. Grand prix for best overall investor relations - Small or mid-cap
- Ascendas REIT- CapitaCommercial Trust- Keppel Land - Venture Corporation
III. Best investor relations professional
- CapitaLand - Cheong Kwok Mun & Harold Woo - OCBC Bank - Kelvin Quek- Singapore Telecommunications - Sin Yang Fong- StarHub - Jeannie Ong
IV. Best investor relations by a CEO
- DBS Group - Piyush Gupta- OCBC Bank - David Conner
V. Best investor relations by a CFO
- CapitaLand - Olivier Lim- Singapore Telecommunications - Jeann Low- United Overseas Bank - Lee Wai Fai
VI. Best reporting
- CapitaMall Trust- DBS Group- Singapore Telecommunications
VII. Best investment meetings
- CapitaLand- DBS Group- Singapore Telecommunications
VIII. Best corporate governance and disclosure
- CapitaLand- OCBC Bank- Singapore Telecommunications
IX. Best investor relations for a corporate transaction
- Keppel Corporation - acquisition of stake in Dyna-Mac in March 2011- Noble Group - acquisition of additional stake in Australia-based Territory Resources in June 2011- Singapore Exchange - attempted takeover of Australian Stock Exchange
X. Best investor relations by a Catalist company
- Short list to be confirmed
XI. Best investor relations in the Singapore market by an Indonesian company
- Adaro Energy- Astra International- Indofood
XII. Best investor relations in the Singapore market by a Malaysian company
- CIMB Group- DiGi.com - Tenaga Nasional
XIII. Best investor relations in the Singapore market by a Philippine company
- AboitizPower Corporation - Meralco- Philippine Long Distance Telephone
XIV.Best investor relations in the Singapore market by a Thai company
- Advanced Info Service- Big C Supercenter- Indorama Ventures - Precious Shipping- Tisco Financial Group
Best investor relations by sector
XV. Banks & financial services
- DBS Group- OCBC Bank- United Overseas Bank
XVI. Industrials (including construction and conglomerates)
- Keppel Corporation- Noble Group- Sembcorp Marine
XVII. Real estate (including property development)
- CapitaLand- CapitaMall Trust- Keppel Land
XVIII. Technologies & telecoms
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone- Singapore Telecommunications- StarHub
XIX. Transport (including logistics & infrastructure)
- ComfortDelGro Corporation- Neptune Orient Lines- Singapore Airlines
About IR Magazine & Awards
Cross Border Ltd is the publisher in New York and London of IR magazine, the only global publication focused on the interface between companies and their investors. IR magazine hosts events in the US, Europe, Canada, the Nordic region, Asia, Brazil and Ireland. Visit www.insideinvestorrelations.com for more details.
Source: IR Magazine & Awards
James Chambers Research Editor Tel: +86 1520 1781 994 Email: email@example.com
Copyright 2011 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.