REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Demonstrating its leadership in tape storage, Oracle today announced it shipped over 1 exabyte(1) of media for its StorageTek T10000C Tape Drives in the first nine months of release, making it the fastest ramping capacity product in the history of the StorageTek product line.
- Oracle shipped more enterprise tape drives than any other vendor in the first half of calendar year 2011, according to IDC's Worldwide Tape QView 1H 2011 Pivot.
- Oracle also shipped the most tape libraries over 1,000 slots and held over 70 percent market share for LTO libraries over 1,000 slots, according to IDC's Worldwide Tape QView 1H 2011 Pivot.
- Oracle's StorageTek T10000C Tape Drives deliver the world's highest capacity at 5TB native (5.5TB with StorageTek Maximum Capacity), with a transfer rate of up to 252 MB/second, making it the world's fastest tape drive.
- Oracle's tape storage portfolio delivers the most scalable, cost-effective, energy-efficient storage for customers who need to archive, consolidate and protect growing amounts of data.
- Oracle's StorageTek product line is engineered and supported with Oracle Solaris, Oracle Linux, Oracle VM, Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle Database, Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g, Oracle Applications and Oracle's Sun servers, as well as leading third-party mainframe and open systems products.
- "Oracle's StorageTek T10000C Tape Drives together with our StorageTek SL3000 and SL8500 libraries deliver unmatched capacity and performance that's clearly resonating with customers," said James Cates, vice president, Hardware Development, Oracle. "The consistent growth we're seeing in our StorageTek T10000C Tape Drives further highlights the value of Oracle's innovation in tape storage."
- Oracle's StorageTek Tape Storage
- Oracle's StorageTek T10000C Tape Drive
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook
- Oracle Storage on Twitter
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) Assumes typical tape compression of 2:1.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial
Postage Rates Bots go here