REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced that Vanderbilt University, an internationally recognized research university located in Nashville, Tenn. with more than 12,000 undergraduate and graduate students, has selected Oracle's PeopleSoft Customer Relationship Management (CRM) to transform its outdated legacy admissions system and meet CRM needs for other campus programs, such as student life, advising and scholarship recruitment.
- Vanderbilt's legacy undergraduate admissions system, Recruitment Plus, is being discontinued. In addition, the graduate and professional schools use varying homegrown and vendor solutions, which creates inefficiencies and prevents collaboration. The administration wanted to replace its admissions systems with a CRM solution that could strategically analyze Vanderbilt's admissions data to accurately assess all programs offered by the institution.
- PeopleSoft Customer Relationship Management will enable the institution to integrate six admissions systems into one comprehensive solution. This will help Vanderbilt enhance strategic reporting, facilitate more efficient information transfer between departments and colleges and reduce complexity associated with student records integration.
- By integrating PeopleSoft CRM with its current PeopleSoft Campus Solutions Warehouse and PeopleSoft Performance Management Warehouse installations, Vanderbilt will deploy an enterprise-wide recruiting, admissions and reporting solution to improve enrollment management, student selectivity, administrative and student relationships, predictive analysis, strategic assessments and student retention.
- Vanderbilt recently began the implementation and expects to complete its new undergraduate admissions system in August 2012, with the graduate and professional schools to follow in August 2013. Nine of Vanderbilt's colleges and schools, totaling approximately 300 business users, will utilize the new solution. Oracle Gold Partner Exeter Group Inc. is assisting with the implementation.
- "Administering six separate admissions systems has created operational inefficiencies, prevented inter-campus collaboration and increased operating costs. By consolidating our admissions systems with Oracle's PeopleSoft Customer Relationship Management, and integrating it with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions Warehouse and PeopleSoft Performance Management Warehouse, we can provide administrators with a comprehensive view of the institution's admissions and scholarship procedures to accurately assess the strength of our programs and make informed business decisions," said Douglas L. Christiansen, vice provost for enrollment and dean of admissions, Vanderbilt University.
- "As competition for top students grows, higher education institutions are looking for ways to operate more efficiently and improve student retention. By selecting Oracle's PeopleSoft CRM, Vanderbilt will facilitate greater communication between its colleges, schools and departments to enhance student selection and retention," said Steve Koporec, vice president, applications, Oracle Higher Education.
- Oracle in Higher Education
- PeopleSoft Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
- PeopleSoft Campus Solutions Warehouse
- PeopleSoft Performance Management Warehouse
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the education and research industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial
Postage Rates Bots go here