Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc., (GMCR) (NASDAQ: GMCR), a leader in specialty coffee and coffee makers, today announced the expansion of its line of Keurig® Single Cup Brewers with the addition of the Keurig® Vue™ brewer, a premium new platform designed with the ability to brew stronger, bigger, and hotter. The new Vue™ brewer, paired with new Vue™ packs, maintains the simplicity and convenience of the existing Keurig® K-Cup® system with added customizable features so consumers have control over the strength, size, and temperature of their beverages.
Vue™ Platform Benefits
- Brew Stronger: With Custom Brew Technology™, the Vue™ brewer adjusts water pressure, timing, and airflow so consumers can brew to better suit their taste preference.
- Brew Bigger: Consumers can brew a larger travel mug with new Vue™ packs specially formulated to brew a bigger cup up to 18 oz.
- Brew Hotter: Vue™ offers a brewing temperature range between 187 and 197 degrees Fahrenheit so consumers have more ways to customize the perfect cup.
- “Developed jointly by GMCR’s brewer, coffee, packaging and manufacturing experts, the introduction of the Keurig® Vue™ brewer is a significant milestone in the evolution of our Company and required exemplary coordination and synergy across the organization. That teamwork, coupled with our continued focus on scale and technology innovation, gives me the confidence we can continue to build a great company and maintain a competitive advantage over the longer term.” – Larry Blanford, President & CEO of GMCR
- “The new Keurig® Vue™ brewer represents the next advance in single-serve beverage delivery and is a great example of GMCR’s commitment to delivering sustained innovation. By adding new features that allow consumers to brew what they love the way they love it -- stronger, bigger and hotter -- we’ve further enhanced consumer choice and we believe broadened the appeal of the Keurig® Single Cup Brewing system. ” – Michelle Stacy, President of GMCR’s Keurig business unit
- “The Vue™ platform was engineered first and foremost to deliver an exceptional cup of coffee. Moreover, in designing this addition to the Keurig® family, we also looked to a pack design and brewing technology that would allow us to continue to expand the variety of beverage categories we’re able to offer to consumers, and we’re excited about the existing choice and future possibilities that innovation supports.” – Scott McCreary, President of GMCR’s Specialty Coffee business unit
New Vue™ Pack
- Innovation: The design of the new, patented, single-serve Vue™ pack accommodates varying grind volume and packing requirements so that consumers can enjoy a variety of beverage options including coffee, tea, hot cocoa, iced, fruit-based, and frothy café beverages.
- Choice: Vue™ packs will debut with more than 30 varieties representing a mix of brands and taste profiles including Green Mountain Coffee®, Barista Prima®, Tully’s®, Coffee People®, Gloria Jean’s®, Green Mountain Naturals®, Café Escapes®, Caribou Coffee®, Celestial Seasonings®, Emeril’s®, Newman’s Own® Organics, Timothy’s® and Van Houtte®. Also exclusive to Vue™ is GMCR’s newest beverage innovation, two-step Barista Prima® Café beverages, which includes separate dairy frother packs designed to deliver a high quality blending of premium gourmet coffee and creamy froth while maintaining the convenience of Keurig® brewing. In addition, GMCR and The J.M. Smucker Company have reached an agreement to include the Folger’s® Gourmet Selections™ and Millstone® brands as part of the Vue™ system. GMCR expects to offer up to 50 Vue™ pack varieties by the end of June.
- Recyclability: The Vue™ system represents an incremental step on GMCR’s journey to reduce its environmental impact. The Vue™ pack’s cup is made from polypropylene #5 plastic and can be recycled wherever polypropylene/#5 plastics are accepted, currently in approximately half of the communities in the United States.
Vue™ Brewer Features
- Fully programmable color touchscreen featuring auto on/off, temperature and strength control, energy saver mode and size selection
- Eight brew sizes – from 4 oz. to 18 oz. travel mug
- Removable 74 oz. water reservoir
- Removable drip tray with adjustable plate
- Cord storage
- Brews in under one minute
Vue™ System Availability
- Under the Keurig® brand name, GMCR offers a variety of single-cup brewers differentiated by features and size for both commercial and at-home use.
- The Keurig® Vue™ V700 brewer is the first of a planned Vue™ Series for home use. The product will be available for purchase in Bed Bath and Beyond stores nationwide as well as GMCR’s two consumer-direct websites (http://www.greenmountaincoffee.com and http://www.keurig.com) in the coming weeks. The Vue™ V700 brewer and associated Vue™ packs will become more widely available in a variety of retail stores over the coming months.
- A commercial Vue™ brewer for away-from-home workplace use will be available through Keurig Authorized Distributors in the fall of 2012. This platform will incorporate Vue™ packs embedded with RFID technology. This technology is designed to simplify the brewing experience and ensure beverages are of the highest quality and consistency for those users who may not be familiar with the brewer.
- GMCR’s new Vue™ brewer and Vue™ packs will complement the current Keurig® K-Cup® brewer platform and its K-Cup® packs.
- Vue™ Information: http://www.keurig.com/VueSystem or www.greenmountaincoffee.com/vue-learn-more
- Main Keurig® Store: http://www.keurig.com/Keurig-Store
- For more information on GMCR’s environmental journey, visit www.brewingabetterworld.com.
About Keurig, Incorporated and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc.
Keurig, Incorporated, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. (also called the Keurig business unit), is a pioneer and leading manufacturer of single-cup brewing systems. Keurig's proprietary brewing system combines a pressurized hot water brewer with multiple varieties of portion packs, which feature patented designs that preserves the freshness of gourmet coffee and tea. Through licensing agreements, Keurig offers more than 200 varieties of premium branded coffees and teas in K-Cup® packs. More than 3 billion cups of Keurig Brewed® coffee and tea have been enjoyed since 1998. For more information, please visit www.keurig.com or call 888-CUP-BREW.
As a leader in specialty coffee and coffee makers, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMCR), is recognized for its award-winning coffees, innovative Keurig® Single Cup brewing technology, and socially responsible business practices. GMCR supports local and global communities by offsetting 100% of its direct greenhouse gas emissions, investing in sustainably-grown coffee, and donating at least five percent of its pre-tax profits to social and environmental projects.
GMCR routinely posts information that may be of importance to investors in the Investor Relations section of its website, including news releases and its complete financial statements, as filed with the SEC. The Company encourages investors to consult this section of its website regularly for important information and news. Additionally, by subscribing to the Company’s automatic email news release delivery, individuals can receive news directly from GMCR as it is released.
Certain statements contained herein are not based on historical fact and are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the applicable securities laws and regulations. Generally, these statements can be identified by the use of words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "feel," "forecast," "intend," "may," "plan," "potential," "project," "should," "would," and similar expressions intended to identify forward-looking statements, although not all forward-looking statements contain these identifying words. Owing to the uncertainties inherent in forward-looking statements, actual results could differ materially from those stated here. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, the difficulty in forecasting sales and production levels, the degree to which there are changes in consumer sentiment in this difficult economic environment, the Company's success in efficiently expanding operations and capacity to meet growth, the Company's success in efficiently and effectively integrating the Company's acquisitions, the ability to maximize or successfully assert our intellectual property rights, the Company's success in introducing and producing new product offerings, the Company's dependence on external capital, including the Company's credit facility, competition and other business conditions in the coffee industry and food industry in general, fluctuations in availability and cost of high-quality green coffee, any other increases in costs including fuel, the Company's ability to continue to grow and build profits in the At Home and Away from Home businesses, the Company's ability to attract and retain senior management, the continued availability of a consistent supply of parts for our brewers, and the brewers themselves, the Company experiencing product liability, product recall and higher than anticipated rates of warranty expense or sales returns associated with a product quality or safety issue, the extent to which the data security of the Company's websites may be compromised, the impact of the loss of major customers for the Company or reduction in the volume of purchases by major customers, delays in the timing of adding new locations with existing customers, the Company's level of success in continuing to attract new customers, sales mix variances, weather and special or unusual events, the impact of the inquiry initiated by the SEC and any related litigation or additional governmental investigative or enforcement proceedings, as well as other risks described more fully in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for fiscal year 2011 and other filings with the SEC. Forward-looking statements reflect management's analysis as of the date of this release. The Company does not undertake to revise these statements to reflect subsequent developments, other than in its regular, quarterly earnings releases.