Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV), a leading global provider of cloud content services, today announced the first wave of wide-ranging digital media innovators who have signed on to participate in Brightcove PLAY 2012, the company’s annual global customer conference, which is set to take place June 25 - 27 at the InterContinental Boston hotel. The agenda for the action-packed three day event features speakers from Brightcove customers and partners, including representatives from Akamai, AOL Video, AMC Networks, Buzz Media, Cars.com, Google, Major League Gaming, Miami Dolphins, Oracle, TVNZ and XO Group, among others.
The company also announced two new tracks for PLAY 2012, including a Training Track to provide in-depth, hands-on training sessions for day-to-day technical users, as well as a specialized Developer Bootcamp for Web developers interested in learning more about Brightcove’s solutions.
“Brightcove PLAY 2012 promises to be packed with tons of great speakers and sessions that will help customers of all sizes to generate more value from their digital media initiatives,” said Jeff Whatcott, Brightcove’s chief marketing officer. “We look forward to another successful event with customers and partners from around the world.”
Brightcove PLAY brings together Brightcove customers, partners and industry leaders at the forefront of the digital media revolution. At the event, a wide range of media companies, marketers and developers from around the world will convene for three days of in-depth strategy sessions, next generation product demos, all-star keynotes and networking.
Brightcove PLAY 2012 will feature keynote presentations and expert-led breakout sessions for business decision makers and strategists, day-to-day users and non-technical programmers, Web developers, advertising operations professionals and more. The agenda for the event will include sessions on multi-platform delivery, monetization strategies, online video analytics, mobile app experiences, live streaming, marketing with online video, content protection strategies, smart TV trends and opportunities, and many more.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Frank Besteiro, Head of Business Development, AOL Video
- Michael Assad, CEO, Agility
- Michael Cagnazzi, Vice President of Product Development, AMC Networks
- Tony Gentile, Chief Product Officer, Buzz Media
- George White, Principal Consultant and Technical Architect, Cantina Consulting
- Eric Rossi, Senior Editor, Multimedia, Cars.com
- Quique Nagle, Vice President of Partner Solutions, Digital Broadcasting Group
- Steve Hulford, Founder, Filemobile
- Rany Ng, Group Product Manager, Google
- Nathan Veer, Web Producer, Joyce Meyer Ministries
- Bill Quinn, Managing Director, Lightmaker USA
- David Czarnecki, Lead Engineer, Major League Gaming
- Wayne Partello, Senior Director, Content and Creative, Miami Dolphins
- Amy Shriber, Director, Product Strategy, NBC Universal
- David Boyll, Director, Digital Media Technology, Oracle
- Yoni Silberberg, Co-founder and Vice President of Business Development, PLYmedia
- Alison Provost, Founder, Chairman and CEO, Touchstorm
- Tom Cotter, General Manager of Digital Media, TVNZ
- Jason Burke, Vice President of Operations, VideoHub
- Raghav Gupta, Board Member, Videoplaza
- Alison Salat Bernstein, Vice President of Development, XO Group
In 2011, Brightcove PLAY was a sold out event with close to 500 attendees and 20 sponsors and exhibitors. The event attracted a wide range of influential attendees, from C-level executives, top subject matter experts and visionary leaders, to day-to-day users, managers, directors and developers. Visit play.brightcove.com to watch archived sessions from PLAY 2011.
Registration for Brightcove PLAY 2012 is available at play.brightcove.com. A special discounted early bird registration rate is available through May 1, 2012, which provides a $500 savings off of the full conference fee.
Brightcove Inc. (NASDAQ: BCOV), a leading global provider of cloud content services, provides a family of products used to publish and distribute the world’s professional digital media. The company’s products include Brightcove Video Cloud, the market-leading online video platform, and Brightcove App Cloud, a pioneering content app platform. More than 3,800 customers in over 50 countries rely on Video Cloud to build and operate media experiences across PCs, smartphones, tablets and connected TVs. For more information, visit http://www.brightcove.com.
This press release may include forward-looking statements regarding anticipated objectives, growth and/or expected product and service developments or enhancements. Such forward-looking statements may be identified by the use of the following words (among others): "believes," "expects," "may," "will," "plan," "should" or "anticipates," or comparable words and their negatives. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees but are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the expectations contained in these statements. For a discussion of such risks and uncertainties, see "Risk Factors" in the Company's Registration Statement on Form S-1 (Registration No. 333-176444), which was declared effective by the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 16, 2012. Brightcove assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this press release in the event of changing circumstances or otherwise, and such statements are current only as of the date they are made.