The Strategic Account Management Association (SAMA) has selected Emerson Process Management, a global business of Emerson (NYSE: EMR), to receive the 2012 Strategic Account Management Program of the Year award. The award will be publicly given to Emerson executives and team at the opening general session of the SAMA Annual Conference in San Diego on Monday, May 7, 2012.
“Each year, this award is bestowed upon a company that has demonstrated organizational excellence for strategic customer management,” said SAMA President and CEO Bernard Quancard. “We are very impressed and satisfied that Emerson has integrated many of the key elements of a world-class strategic accounts organization.”
These elements are being documented in a SAMA case study examination.
Emerson is being recognized for the rapid transformation the company has made over the last 3-5 years to:
- change the corporate culture from one of product-selling to customer-centricity;
- embed a disciplined account business planning process;
- facilitate the development of business relevant value propositions and align the company offerings to customer drivers;
- demonstrate the value of improved customer-supplier productivity;
- manage an internal network of best practices exchange;
- effectively support the executive strategic customer relationship with internal executive sponsors; and,
- meet and deliver to customer expectations.
This level of achievement requires significant enterprise alignment, cooperation and commitment – vertically and horizontally.
“Emerson is extremely proud to receive this honor,” said John Gardner, Senior Vice President, Strategic Accounts for Emerson Process Management. “While it recognizes hard work on the part of our team, it really signifies the stronger alignment we are achieving with our strategic accounts. By deepening our understanding of our customers’ business and operational drivers, Emerson is now in a much better position to become a true solutions provider … providing relevant, measurable business improvement for our customers.”
“This is a concrete case of organizational transformation worthy of recognition and acknowledgement,” said Quancard.
Founded in 1964, the Strategic Account Management Association serves the top sales leadership of the global 1000 companies. SAMA is a knowledge-sharing organization devoted to advancing strategic customer-supplier value, collaboration and learning. For more information, visit www.strategicaccounts.org.