Phoenix, AZ, April 9, 2012 – Further cementing their position as the “go to” firm within transportation for those who seek to expand operations via acquisitions, Ahern and Associates, Ltd. announces the engagement of five additional clients who seek regional targets which fit their strategic growth plans. Four months into 2012 and Ahern and Associates has already closed dozens of transportation acquisitions; often times surpassing target expectations while delivering ahead of schedule.
“I’ve noted in our transportation newsletter, the Ahern Advisory, a marked shift within the transportation, logistics and warehousing industries in 2012 towards consolidation which presents real opportunities for owners of strong regional companies looking for an exit plan,” explained Andy Ahern, CEO of Ahern and Associates. Currently, Ahern’s transportation newsletter delivers top quality industry news and trends to over 450,000 subscribers.
Ahern and his team of consultants are currently seeking matches for the following client acquisition needs:
Client #1 is looking to expand their operations in flatbed/heavy haul business.
* The client would prefer a company that’s predominantly independent/owner operator and are seeking companies who generate $20MM – $150MM of annual revenue.
* The acquisition will be considered either a “tuck in”, and/or a platform depending on the circumstances, and are willing to pay a favorable multiple of EBITDA.
Client #2 is looking to expand in Canada and is a well-known US based flatbed carrier whose revenues exceed $200MM annually.
* The client is seeking a small flatbed carrier that is domiciled in Canada with revenue between $3MM – $10MM annually.
Client #3 is looking for independent, flatbed, owner/operators in the vicinity of $3MM – $20MM.
* They are not interested in lease/purchase agreements, but are seeking “true” independent contractors.
* The client is open to any geographic area, but would prefer the South East/South West or Mid-West.
* The target company would join a family owned company whose revenues exceed $250MM – $400MM annually.
Client #4 is looking to acquire a flatbed brokerage operation.
* Target revenues should be from $3MM – $20MM and the client would prefer some specialized/over- imensional heavy haul business involved in the operation.
Client #5 is looking for freight brokers involved in van, flatbed, refrigerated or intermodal movements.
* The client is willing to pay a multiple of 5 – 6 times EBITDA.
* Target revenue should be $20MM – $100MM of annual revenue, and our client can close quickly.
These are clients that have signed contracts with Ahern and are currently looking for opportunities. In some instances, Ahern has sold them companies in the past, and they’re looking to acquire additional companies. In other cases, the acquisition searches are new.
If your company is a match to any of these needs, or you know of a company that is a potential match, you are urged to contact Andy Ahern at 602-242-1030 immediately.
About Ahern & Associates, Ltd.:
Ahern and Associates is North America’s leading trucking and transportation management consulting firm. The skilled consultants at Ahern and Associates specialize in mergers and acquisitions of trucking and logistics companies as well as the restructuring and evaluation of existing carriers that seek to increase operating efficiency and improve profitability. Since 1987, Ahern and Associates has aided hundreds of buyers in the acquisition of trucking and logistics companies throughout the U.S. and Canada as well as assisting many transportation and logistics companies in reducing their overall operating costs and increasing their profitability. For more information, please call 602-242-1030 or visit http://www.Ahern-Ltd.com
Jason W. Jantzen
Phoenix Marketing Associates