Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t5g6tq/the_pharmaceutical) has announced the addition of the "The Pharmaceutical Market: India" report to their offering.
The Indian pharmaceutical market is highly competitive and remains dominated by low-priced, domestically-produced generics. Despite having the second largest population in the world and a growing middle class with high healthcare expectations, India accounts for less than 2% of the world pharmaceutical market in value terms. In one of the world's better performing economies, spending on pharmaceuticals accounts for less than 1% of GDP and average per capita spending remains one of the lowest levels in the region.
India's biopharmaceutical sector is currently experiencing double digit growth and this is expected to continue, driven by the vaccines market.
The Indian pharmaceutical industry is responsible for around 10% of world pharmaceutical production. Over the last few years, a number of Indian pharmaceutical companies have been targeted for foreign acquisition. Concerns have been raised that this trend could adversely affect generic drug prices in India.
The report provides:
- Five-year projections for economic, demographic, health expenditure, health workforce and pharmaceutical market indicators.
- Specialised intelligence on OTCs, generics, biologics and biosimilars.
- Exclusive economic and demographic data from the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) for each market in the series.
- A separate statistical health file, comprising health expenditure, health infrastructure, health services and health personnel.
- Alembic Ltd
- Aurobindo Pharma
- Blue Cross Laboratories Ltd
- Caraco Pharmaceutical
- Cipla Ltd
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
- Lupin Limited
- Natco Pharma
- Nicholas Piramal India Ltd
- Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Pfizer India
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Wockhardt Ltd
- Zydus Cadila
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t5g6tq/the_pharmaceutical