SAO PAULO, May 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- CSN - Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (NYSE: SID) (BM&FBOVESPA: CSNA3) announces its results for the 1Q11:
- Net revenue of R$3.8 billion in 1Q11 was 19% higher when compared to 1Q10 revenue;
- 1Q11 gross profit reached R$1.6 billion, 11% up on 1Q10;
- EBITDA in 1Q11 stood at R$1.5 billion, growing by 19% over 1Q10;
- 1Q11 EBITDA margin was 40%, in line with 1Q10;
- Net income in the first quarter amounted to R$616 million, 38% up on 1Q10 income;
- CSN is a highly liquid company, with a cash position of R$11.2 billion.
The full 1Q11 Earnings Release is available on CSN's IR website at www.csn.com.br/ir.
CSN will be hosting conference calls about its 1Q11 Earnings TOMORROW, May 4, 2011, at 11:00 a.m. US ET in English and 9:00 a.m. US ET in Portuguese. Connection details may be obtained on the Company's IR website.
Head of IR
Phone: +55 11 3049-7588
SOURCE CSN - Companhia Siderugica Nacional