October 27, 2011 at 10:31 AM EDT
Rigrodsky & Long, P.A. Announces Investigation of The Connecticut Bank & Trust Company

Rigrodsky & Long, P.A. announces that it is investigating potential claims against the board of directors of The Connecticut Bank & Trust Company (“CBT” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: CTBC) concerning possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of law related to the Company’s entry into an agreement to be acquired by Berkshire Hills Bancorp, Inc. (“Berkshire Hills”) in a transaction with an approximate value of $30 million.

Click here to learn more and to discuss your shareholder rights: http://investigations.rigrodskylong.com/connecticutbankandtrustcompany-ctbc/.

Under the proposed agreement, 70% of the outstanding CBT shares will be exchanged for Berkshire Hills shares at a fixed exchange ratio of 0.3810 Berkshire Hills shares for each share of CBT. The remaining 30% of CBT shares will be exchanged for cash in the amount of $8.25 per share. The transaction is valued at $7.90 per CBT share based on Berkshire's average closing stock price of $20.35 for the ten trading days ended October 21, 2011.

The investigation concerns whether CBT’s board of directors adequately shopped the Company to obtain the best price possible for CBT’s shareholders before entering into the agreement with Berkshire Hills.

If you own the common stock of CBT and purchased your shares before October 26, 2011, if you have information or would like to learn more about these claims, or if you wish to discuss these matters or have any questions concerning this announcement or your rights or interests with respect to these matters, please contact Seth D. Rigrodsky, Esquire or Noah R. Wortman, Case Development Director, of Rigrodsky & Long, P.A., 919 N. Market Street, Suite 980, Wilmington, Delaware 19801, by telephone at (888) 969-4242, or by e-mail to info@rigrodskylong.com.

Rigrodsky & Long, P.A., with offices in Wilmington, Delaware and Garden City, New York, regularly litigates securities class, derivative and direct actions, shareholder rights litigation and corporate governance litigation, including claims for breach of fiduciary duty and proxy violations in the Delaware Court of Chancery and in state and federal courts throughout the United States.

Attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.

Contacts:

Rigrodsky & Long, P.A.
Seth D. Rigrodsky, Esquire
Noah R. Wortman, Case Development Director
888-969-4242
302-295-5310
Fax: 302-654-9430
info@rigrodskylong.com
http://www.rigrodskylong.com
Related Stocks:
Stock Market XML and JSON Data API provided by FinancialContent Services, Inc.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions.
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial
Postage Rates Bots go here