October 28, 2011 at 23:30 PM EDT
Law Office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC Announces Investigation of Connecticut Bank and Trust Co.

Law office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC announces that it is investigating potential claims against the Board of Directors of Connecticut Bank and Trust Co. (“CBT” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: CTBC) relating to the proposed acquisition Berkshire Hills Bancorp, Inc. (“Berkshire”).

Under the terms of the transaction, 70% of outstanding CBT shares will be exchanged for Berkshire shares at a fixed ratio of 0.3810 Berkshire share. The remaining 30% of CBT shares will be exchanged for cash at $8.25 per share. The transaction values CBT stock at approximately $7.90 per share. The investigation concerns possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of state law by the Board of Directors of CBT for not acting in the CBT shareholders' best interests in connection with the sale process to Berkshire. The transaction may undervalue CBT as a result of failing to adequately shop the Company.

If you own shares of CBT stock and wish to discuss the legal ramifications of the proposed transaction, or have any questions, you may e-mail or call the law office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC who will, without obligation or cost to you, attempt to answer your questions. You may contact Jason L. Brodsky, Esquire or Evan J. Smith, Esquire at Brodsky & Smith, LLC, Two Bala Plaza, Suite 602, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004, by e-mail at investorrelations@brodsky-smith.com, visiting http://brodsky-smith.com/349-ctbc-connecticut-bank-and-trust-co.html, or by calling toll free 877-LEGAL-90.

Contacts:

Brodsky & Smith, LLC
Jason L. Brodsky, Esquire
Evan J. Smith, Esquire
877-LEGAL-90
investorrelations@brodsky-smith.com
http://brodsky-smith.com/349-ctbc-connecticut-bank-and-trust-co.html
Related Stocks:
Stock Market XML and JSON Data API provided by FinancialContent Services, Inc.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions.
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial
Postage Rates Bots go here