MUNICH, GERMANY -- (Marketwire) -- 06/20/12 -- Wrapp, the original social gifting app that lets you give your Facebook friends free gifts and gift cards, is now available in Germany.
"Wrapp has arrived -- and with some of the best and biggest brands in Germany -- making individual and group gifting super fun and easy," said Hjalmar Winbladh, Wrapp's CEO and co-founder. "Celebrate your friends. Make gift giving a daily event."
Free gifts and gift cards are now available through Wrapp in Germany from:
- AmbienteDirect - designer furniture, lamps, kitchen and home accessories
- Björn Borg - designer underwear
- Blume 2000 - same-day flower delivery service
- Dikay 51 - tailored shirts for men
- Fitness First - the world's largest gym and health club group
- FloraPrima - same-day flower delivery service worldwide
- Germanwings - Germany's airline for low-cost flights to cities throughout Europe
- Happy Socks - designer socks online
- hessnatur - organic clothes for the entire family
- Lieferando - online meal order and delivery
- Marc O'Polo - premium casual urban fashion for men and women
- Neue Verlagsgesellschaft - distributor of magazines Freundin, Focus, and Zuhause Wohnen
- O'Neill - the original California surf, snow and lifestyle brand
- Planet Sports - Europe's top shopping destination for board sports and street wear
- Regiondo - Germany's premier online destination for leisure facilities
- Runners Point - running shoes, clothing and accessories
- Schuler St. JakobsKellerei - online wine retailer
- Tom Tailor - fashionable casual wear for men, women, young adults and children
- Unsere Schlemmertuete - delivery service for fresh groceries with recipes
- Wormland - men's fashion
"The idea behind Wrapp convinced and inspired us right from the start -- it is innovative, easy to use and very promising," said Marc O'Polo Sales Director Alexander Gedat. "Consequently, it seemed only natural to partner with Wrapp, because it gives us an attractive way to reach existing and new target audiences."
Added Willem Haitink, CEO at O'Neill: "With over 650,000 fans, Facebook engagement is a huge focus for us, and we are always looking for new social media marketing tools to connect with our consumers. We believe Wrapp offers an innovative, easy to use tool, which can help us achieve that."
From Sweden With Love
Wrapp introduced its unique friend-to-friend marketing platform in Sweden in November, and since then has taken its service to the U.S., U.K., Norway, Finland, and the Netherlands with dozens of top brands including H&M, Gap, Sephora and Rovio's Angry Birds.
During the last seven months nearly 300,000 active Wrapp users have given their Facebook friends 2.2 million free and paid gifts and gift cards that could be redeemed in stores operated by some 90 major European and U.S. retailers.
Participating merchants report that each sale averages four to six times the value of the free gift card they let Wrapp users give to their friends.
To start sending free gifts and gift cards, download the Wrapp mobile app from Apple's App Store or Google Play. Or use the web app at www.wrapp.com and connect it to your Facebook account.
Wrapp is a social gifting service for celebrating friends with free and paid gift cards from top brands. Wrapp allows friends to contribute to the gift cards, and makes them fun and easy to give, receive and redeem using mobile devices and the web. Founded in 2011, Wrapp is based in Stockholm, with offices in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Turkey, Poland, Taiwan, Japan, Australia and Brazil. Celebrate friends every day at www.wrapp.com.