CHICOS FAS, Inc. (NY: CHS)
16.00 USD  +0.13 (+0.82%)
Streaming Delayed Price  /  Updated: 1:39 PM EDT, Apr 23, 2014  /  Add to My Watchlist      
(CHS) Community Analysis from
April 23, 2014
(Stock Blog Hub, 8/31/12)
Chico's FAS Inc. (CHS) reported robust second-quarter 2012 earnings per share of 32 cents, surpassing the Zacks Consensus Estimate of 30 cents. Moreover, quarterly earnings surged...(read more)
(Stock Blog Hub, 8/21/12)
Earnings Preview: Chico’s Chico’s FAS Inc. (CHS), a leading operator in specialty apparel market, is all set to release its second-quarter 2012 financial results on Wednesday, August 22,...(read more)
(eMoneyDaily, 7/20/11)
CHS (NYSE:CHS) has announced a definitive agreement to purchase Pennsylvania's Moses Taylor.CHS (NYSE:CHS) To Buy Medical CentreCHS (NYSE:CHS), the Community Health Systems based in Franklin, Tenn.,...(read more)
Chico's FAS (CHS) Company Overview
Chico’s FAS, Inc. sells its own private label brand of clothing and accessories to a core audience of women with a moderate to high income level. The firm's namesake brand, Chico's, sells relaxed fit casual clothing which the company targets to women 35 and older. Chico's also owns White House Black Market (WH|BM), aimed at slightly younger customers, and Soma, a lingerie store. The firm closed down its small Fitigues chain in early 2007.

95% of the company's sales come from its retail stores, and the remaining 5% come through its catalogue and website. While Chico's stores account for the bulk of the company's sales (73.5% in 2006), the strongest growth has been in its WH|BM stores. WH|BM grew 40% last year, while Chico's grew only 10%. Sales growth has been strong in past five years, but has slowed in recent months. Generally, women's clothing sales are closely tied to the state of the economy, and in the event of recession and slow consumer spending Chico's will struggle to maintain its revenues.

To reverse this trend, Chico’s is looking to grow through its two niche concept lines rather than its traditional namesake brand. to devote more attention to its newer concepts, especially Soma, while streamlining the assortment in its existing brands. [1] Recently, the company has been experimenting with expansion within its concepts. It is looking to increase its offerings in non-clothing gift items (leather goods, watches, gifts for children, etc.) within its retail locations. The compay is also expanding efforts to increase its retail square footage, relocating and pursuing larger properties for new stores. [2]

(Read more at Wikinvest )

Stock Market XML and JSON Data API provided by FinancialContent Services, Inc.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions.
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial
Postage Rates Bots go here