Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/73vkn8/management_informa) has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new book "Management Information Systems, Moving Business Forward" to their offering.
This new first edition from best-selling author Kelly Rainer, and highly respected coauthor, Hugh Watson, supports your teaching goals by allowing for maximum flexibility of coverage, and by engaging students with a tested pedagogical structure. Utilizing flexible Learning Units comprised of tightly coupled concepts and Student Activities, Rainer transports the student from passively learning about IS to doing IS in a realistic context. Plug IT In learning extensions enable instructors to introduce material of interest at their discretion. Plug IT In's cover such topics as project management, business processes, and information asset protection.
- Tested pedagogical Learning Unit structure comprised of tightly coupled concepts and Student- Activities for every section of the chapter (3-5 Learning Units per chapter)
- Student activities include links to online videos and articles and Excel and Access exercises all with automatically graded assessment
- Plug IT In Learning Extensions-Comprising additional material of interest, Plug IT In's enable a high degree of syllabus flexibility by providing extra content the instructor may add at their discretion
- What's in IT for Me? - This instructor-praised feature demonstrates how IT topics relate to students in each business major including Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Operations Management, MIS, and Human Resource Management.
- WileyPLUS - Text and web-based learning blend seamlessly as students read concepts and then immediately apply concepts using Wiley's powerful online learning environment, WileyPLUS.
- Superior supplements include author-created Media-enhanced Slides and a Testbank that includes "Apply the Concept" questions to support the applied, active approach of the text.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction to Information Systems
Chapter 2 Organizational Strategy, Competitive Advantage, and Information Systems
Chapter 3 Data and Knowledge Management
Chapter 4 Telecommunications and Networking
Chapter 5 Business Intelligence
Chapter 6 Ethics and Privacy
Chapter 7 Information Security
Chapter 8 Web 2.0 and Social Networks
Chapter 9 E-Business and E-Commerce
Chapter 10 Wireless, Mobile Computing, and Mobile Commerce
Chapter 11 Information Systems Within the Organization
Chapter 12 Extending the Organization to Customers
Chapter 13 Extending the Organization Along the Supply Chain
Chapter 14 Acquiring Information Systems and Applications
Plug IT In 1 Business Processes and Business Process Management
Plug IT In 2 Hardware and Software
Plug IT In 3 Emerging Types of Enterprise Computing
Plug IT In 4 Intelligent Systems
Plug IT In 5 Project Management
Plug IT In 6 Protecting Your Information Assets
R. Kelly Rainer, Jr. is George Phillips Privett Professor of Management Information Systems at Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama. He received his BS degree in Mathematics from Auburn and his Doctor of Dental Medicine for ten years, Professor Rainer returned to school and received his Ph.D. at the University of Georgia. He has published numerous articles in leading journals. His current research interests include health care informatics and information technology security.
Hugh J. Watson is a Professor of MIS at the University of Georgia and a holder of a C. Herman and Mary Virginia Terry Chair of Business Administration.?? He is one of the worlds leading scholars and authorities on decision support and is the author of 22 books and over 100 scholarly journal articles. Hugh is a multiple winner of the Society for Information Managements Paper Competition. This is the fields most prestigious award for applied information systems work.?He has ?consulted with numerous global organizations, including the World Bank, Intel, IBM, Arthur Andersen, Conoco, and Glaxo. He has also conducted hundreds of executive development programs.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/73vkn8/management_informa
Source: John Wiley and Sons Ltd