Dublin - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2x7gf8/micro_and_smart_sy) has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new book "Micro and Smart Systems: Technology and Modeling" to their offering.
Microsystems are systems that integrate, on a chip or a package, one or more of many different categories of micro-devices. As the past few decades were dominated by the development and rapid miniaturization of circuitry, the current and coming decades are witnessing a similar revolution in the miniaturization of sensors, actuators, and electronics; and communication, control and power devices. Applications ranging from biomedicine to warfare are driving rapid innovation and growth in the field, which is pushing this topic into graduate and undergraduate curricula in electrical, mechanical, and biomedical engineering.
This first undergraduate-level textbook on Microsystems and smart systems makes a burgeoning area of professional practice accessible to course teaching?
It is based on a course introduced at VTU in India in 2009, which has already been taught to nearly 1000 students.?
Practical examples and exercises will set this book apart from the professional reference books currently in use as texts on the subject.
- The first self-contained textbook treatment of MEMS (micro-electromechanical systems) written specifically for undergraduate course use with emphasis on modeling, both analytical and numerical.
- Unified treatment of micro- and smart systems in terms of applications and modeling.
- Written without assuming prior background in electrical or mechanical engineering but without shortchanging rigor.
- The authors are all leading researchers in the field at a world-class research university. They hold Ph.D. degrees from Michigan, Penn State, Purdue, IIT Madras, and Waterloo, respectively.
- The book is filled with current examples and applications from modern industrial practice.
- Numerous solved examples, unsolved problems, and thought-provoking "your turn" teasers
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Micro Sensors, Actuators, Systems And Smart Materials: An Overview
Chapter 3 Micromachining Technologies
Chapter 4 Mechanics Of Slender Solids In Microsystems
Chapter 5 Finite Element Method
Chapter 6 Modeling Of Coupled Electromechanical Systems
Chapter 7 Electronics Circuits And Control For Micro And Smart Systems
Chapter 8 Integration Of Micro And Smart Systems
Chapter 9 Scaling Effects In Microsystems
Chapter 10 Simulation Of Microsystems Using Fea Software
G. K. Ananthasuresh,
K. J. Vinoy,
K. N. Bhat,
V. K. Aatre
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2x7gf8/micro_and_smart_sy
Source: John Wiley and Sons Ltd