Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) today unveiled a fresh look and feel to its GoPayment mobile payment app, equipped with new features to address the needs of small businesses. The enhanced GoPayment comes with new tools and features that small businesses can use on their smartphones or tablets – helping them to compete with bigger companies, increase sales and grow their business. During the holiday shopping season, many small businesses face the additional pressure of managing an increase in volume, and Intuit solutions can help them meet the demand and create better experiences for their customers. Intuit takes payments beyond justa simple card reader and mobile app – GoPayment syncs data with best-selling QuickBooks financial software, and integrates with QuickBooks Point of Sale to provide one of the only robust mobile point-of-sale solutions specifically designed to help the nation’s 2.8 million small retailers manage and grow their businesses.
The new GoPayment helps small businesses:
- Personalize transactions: Customize the GoPayment app to meet their specific needs and tastes. Receipts can include the store’s name, logo and contact information to promote their business and encourage referrals.
- Track cash payments, apply discounts: Record cash transactions and apply discounts, such as Friends and Family offers, to orders.
- Gain business insight: Manage one items list that syncs across devices and users, organize items by category or favorites across multiple devices and users, and see all transaction details in one place.
- Better manage employees: Control employee access to information and set permissions by differentiating between administrator and associate roles. This is increasingly important during the holidays, when small businesses hire seasonal employees, creating a greater need to monitor sales and be more secure.
Introduced in May 2009, GoPayment began as a way for small businesses on the go to accept payments using their mobile device. Since then, it has evolved to meet the changing needs of the market and consumers. The new GoPayment is now available on the App Store or at www.itunes.com/appstore. The app works on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, including iOS 6 and iPhone 5.
“We are constantly improving GoPayment to ensure we meet the unique needs of all types of small businesses,” said Chris Hylen, vice president and general manager of Intuit Payment Solutions. “We based our enhancements to GoPayment on customer insights and feedback. We’ve developed a new look and features to deliver a more seamless, efficient experience while continuing to provide the same value and benefits countless small business owners have come to trust.”
- GoPayment (http://gopayment.com/)
- GoPayment Blog (http://Blog.gopayment.com)
- GoPayment on Twitter (http://twitter.com/gopayment)
- GoPayment on Facebook (http://facebook.com/IntuitGoPayment)
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants. Intuit Financial Services helps banks and credit unions grow by providing on-demand solutions and services that make it easier for consumers and businesses to manage their money.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $4.15 billion in its fiscal year 2012. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
About Intuit Payment Solutions
Over the last 10 years, Intuit has helped small businesses maximize sales and improve cash flow with a complete family of end-to-end electronic payment solutions. This includes services to process credit cards, e-checks and online payments via a variety of channels including mobile devices, Web and retail stores as well as integrated solutions, such as QuickBooks.