REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/02/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced that it has been named the global market leader in customer care systems by leading industry analyst firm, Analysys Mason, in its report "Customer Care Systems: Worldwide Market Shares 2011."
- In a highly competitive and consolidating market that generated $2.78 billion in revenue in 2011(1), Oracle has become communications service providers' (CSPs) solution of choice to help accelerate time-to-market for new services, reduce customer support costs and enhance the customer experience.
- Oracle is ranked as the leader in overall market share by revenue in the report. Because of its product-focused strategy, Oracle retained its 2010 position as the leading product supplier.
- The report identifies the leaders in the customer care market and provides suppliers' worldwide market shares in a number of sub-categories. Oracle is credited as the leading market supplier of customer care, customer relationship management (CRM) and customer interaction systems, as well as having notable presence in the product-related customer care services and subscriber management categories.
- Analysys Mason attributed Oracle's global prominence in the customer care market to the company's strong global brand, well-established local systems integration relationships and robust product architecture.
- Oracle offers differentiated cross-channel commerce and cross-channel customer care capabilities with its extensive solution suite, including Siebel Customer Relationship Management, Oracle RightNow, Oracle ATG Web Commerce, and Oracle Retail.
- "Customer care systems are increasingly important to communications service providers as they work to gain competitive advantage and reduce customer churn. 'All-in-one' CRM systems, such as Oracle's offering, help CSPs reduce costs and grow revenue by enhancing self-service channels, improving cross-channel sales and marketing efforts and improving business analytics," said Mark Mortensen, principal analyst, Analysys Mason.
- "In today's market, an integrated and sophisticated cross-channel customer experience is integral to attracting and retaining customers. Oracle is committed to providing CSPs the tools they need to meet customer demands, and is proud to be named the global market leader in customer care systems. We look forward to continuing to help our telecommunications customers innovate and thrive in the customer care space," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
(1) Analysys Mason "Customer Care Systems: Worldwide Market Shares 2011," by Mark H. Mortensen and John Abraham, August 2012.
- Oracle Communications
- Siebel CRM
- Oracle RightNow
- Oracle ATG Web Commerce
- Oracle RetailCustomer Care Systems: Worldwide Market Shares 2011
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/communications.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.