REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/08/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Since launching a new e-commerce platform, American Apparel has continued to deliver an increase in e-commerce sales, with a more than 38 percent increase over the same period last year.
- December 2012 sales increased more than 59 percent over December 2011, and it was the highest sales month in the history of the company's online business.
- American Apparel, which manufactures and distributes merchandise as well as retailing direct to consumers, in October moved its multi-site e-commerce operations to Oracle's ATG Web Commerce, a component of Oracle Commerce, to support and encourage ongoing growth by improving content management, promotions, search and transactions.
- Object Edge, a Gold level member in Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) with a Specialization in ATG Web Commerce implemented the solution.
- American Apparel implemented ATG Web Commerce and will be using the platform to operate multiple integrated e-commerce sites for different customer groups and geographic regions.
- The ATG Web Commerce solution provides American Apparel's business teams with an easy-to-use visual interface that simplifies the job of managing content, adapting page layouts and developing and implementing promotions.
- American Apparel will be using Oracle to present customers with personalized content and customized search options, helping to accelerate selections by presenting items that the consumer prefers.
- As American Apparel continues to drive growth and expand to new markets, the retailer expects to leverage Oracle's scalable commerce platform to optimize operations and the customer experience.
- "We required an open, scalable platform with the features and functionality to support us now and in the future," said Stacey Shulman, CIO, American Apparel. "As we continue to grow sales worldwide, the Oracle solution will enable us to personalize and enhance the customer experience online, streamline service and introduce more international sites."
- "By implementing Oracle's ATG Web Commerce, American Apparel has established an e-commerce platform that will help them drive sales growth," said Mike Webster, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Retail. "Oracle will continue to focus on helping retailers optimize core retail operations and improve the cross-channel customer experience."
- "American Apparel has been keen to unlock the power of Oracle's ATG Web Commerce," said Jags Krishnamurthy, chief operating officer, Object Edge. "The results are already showing how well the platform can support the company's initiatives, and the future looks bright."
- About American Apparel
- About Oracle ATG Web Commerce
- About Oracle ATG Web Commerce Customer Service
- Oracle Retail on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Oracle Retail International Blog
- Oracle Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail in the News
- Oracle Retail Asset and Centralized Knowledge Portal
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.