NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 01/14/13 -- NATIONAL RETAIL FEDERATION ANNUAL CONFERENCE -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Deckers Outdoor Corporation, the parent company of several premier footwear brands including UGG® Australia and Teva®, has implemented a broad suite of Oracle Retail Merchandising, Planning and Stores Solutions to centralize and improve operations as the company drives global Direct to Consumer (DTC) expansion across multiple brands and channels.
- With more than 70 UGG concept and outlet stores worldwide and plans to grow to more than 200 in the next five years, Deckers is using the Oracle Retail platform to help streamline operations and, improve performance. Deckers goal is to provide consumers with a seamless, consistent experience in stores and online.
Actionable Insight Boosts Store Performance
- Deckers is using the Oracle Retail platform to glean real-time insight into item and store sales, which helps the DTC team to forecast demand more accurately and to promote and allocate inventory accordingly.
- By centralizing merchandising, planning and store operations on a single, integrated platform, Deckers has a more complete view of global sales and the tools to localize assortments, pricing and promotions based on consumer preferences, groups of stores and regions.
- Replacing a collection of separate regional systems with a single, scalable platform also enabled Deckers to standardize transactional data to simplify integration and avoiding increased maintenance and support costs as complexity grows.
- Deckers completed the implementation including deployment to stores in North America and Europe in 15 months and in 2013 will deploy the point-of-sale, central and back office system to stores in China and Japan.
- Next, Deckers plans to integrate ecommerce operations with the merchandising and stores platform, equipping the business to continually optimize performance and improve the customer experience across all channels.
- "Implementing the Oracle Retail suite added much needed capabilities to the very core of our business, supporting both regional and brand expansion," said Yul Vanek, Vice President of Information Technology, Deckers Outdoor. "This has enabled a complete transformation of how we run Retail. Longer term, eCommerce operations will be integrated, making seamless online and in-store execution a reality."
- "Our customers seek out the UGG brand online, on their mobile devices and in stores. By creating a single, accurate view of their engagement with us, we can better align our service, marketing and merchandising with their needs," said Dave Powers, President, Global Direct to Consumer, Deckers Outdoor.
- "With such a loyal and growing customer base, Deckers wants all of its brands to deliver a consistent customer experience," said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail. "The Oracle Retail platform deployed by Deckers provides them with a single, scalable platform and the operational and analytics tools to be very agile across all channels and regions."
- About Deckers Outdoor
- UGG Australia on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
- Oracle Retail on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Oracle Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail in the News
- Oracle Retail Asset and Centralized Knowledge Portal
- Complete Commerce Blog
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.