REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/16/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- For the fourth consecutive year, Gartner, Inc. has named Oracle as a Leader in its "Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Product Data Solutions." (1)
- Gartner's Magic Quadrant reports position vendors within a particular quadrant based on their completeness of vision and ability to execute.
- According to Gartner, "Leaders demonstrate strong results and delivery capabilities. They typically possess a large, satisfied customer base (relative to the size of the market) and enjoy high visibility in the market. Their size and financial strength enable them to remain viable in a challenging economy. Leaders have mature offerings and track records of successful deployments, even in the most challenging environments, across all geographies and in many industries. Leaders have the strategic vision to address evolving client requirements; however, they are not always the best choice."
- "MDM is a technology-enabled discipline in which business and IT staff work together to ensure the uniformity, accuracy, stewardship, semantic consistency and accountability of the enterprise's official, shared master data assets. Master data is the consistent and uniform set of identifiers and extended attributes that describes the core entities of the enterprise, such as customers, prospects, citizens, suppliers, sites, hierarchies and chart of accounts," according to Gartner.
- Gartner continued, "Gartner's Magic Quadrant for MDM of Product Data Solutions provides insight into the portion of the constantly evolving packaged MDM systems market that focuses on managing product data to support customer and product oriented strategies spanning supply chain management (SCM), enterprise resource planning (ERP), e-Commerce, Procurement and product life cycle management (PLM) applications."
- By enabling organizations to consolidate product information from heterogeneous systems, Oracle Product Hub creates a single view of product information that can be leveraged and shared across functional departments in the enterprise, as well as externally with trading partners.
- The Oracle Product Hub leverages Oracle Enterprise Data Quality to arm organizations with high quality, trusted data for any enterprise application that drives better business decision-making and enables companies to bring new products to market faster, manage product information efficiently and provide a consolidated view across the enterprise.
- Oracle Product Hub is part of Oracle Master Data Management that also includes Oracle Customer Hub, Oracle Supplier Hub, Oracle Site Hub, Oracle Data Relationship Management, Oracle Enterprise Data Quality and their vertical variants. It is the most complete, best-in-class, MDM offering on the market, and helps customers consolidate and maintain complete, accurate, and authoritative master data across the entire enterprise.
- "In any product company, accurate product information is a foundation for all major business initiatives, and this requires a robust, comprehensive and flexible product MDM solution," said Jon Chorley, vice president, supply chain management product strategy, Oracle. "We believe Oracle's position in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Product Data Solutions highlights our ability to provide best-in-class functionality across the industry's most complete MDM portfolio. By using Oracle MDM solutions, companies can obtain a high-quality, common enterprise product record and are better able to support their key business initiatives."
- Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Product Data Solutions
- Oracle Master Data Management
- Join the Oracle Master Data Management online community: MDM Blog
(1) Gartner, Inc., "Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Product Data Solutions," by Andrew White, Bill O'Kane, November 21, 2012
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.