REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/17/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Gartner, Inc. has named Oracle as a Leader in its first "Magic Quadrant for Data Masking Technology" (1).
- Gartner's Magic Quadrant reports position vendors within a particular quadrant based on their completeness of vision and ability to execute.
- According to Gartner, "Adopting data masking helps enterprises raise the level of security and privacy assurance against abuses. At the same time, data masking helps enterprises meet compliance requirements with the security and privacy standards recommended by regulating/auditing authorities."
- Gartner continued, "...we expect a relatively high speed of technology maturity for data masking. By 2016, the static data masking [SDM] market will reach the Plateau of Productivity in Gartner's Hype Cycle, with approximately 50% of the target audience adopting it."
- Oracle Data Masking Pack is a component of Oracle Enterprise Manager and part of the Oracle Database Security defense-in-depth solution.
- "With more structured and unstructured data in enterprise databases, companies need simple and consistent tools to comply with data privacy regulations and mask sensitive data during application development, testing or data analysis," said Vipin Samar, Vice President of Database Security Product Development, Oracle. "Oracle is the world's #1 database provider, integrating best-in-class hardware and software to deliver extreme performance and ensure robust database security for our customers."
- Magic Quadrant for Data Masking Technology
- About Oracle Data Masking Pack
- About Oracle Database Security
- About Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Connect with Oracle Database via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
(1) Gartner, Inc., "Magic Quadrant for Data Masking Technology," by Joseph Feiman, Carsten Casper, December 20, 2012
About Gartner's Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.