REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/22/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced that Grameenphone, the largest mobile service provider in Bangladesh with more than 37 million subscribers, has successfully deployed the Oracle Communications Network Resource Management solution to consolidate and transform its network inventory management systems and processes.
- Grameenphone's operational support systems (OSS) environment previously included a number of disparate inventory applications, which impeded operational scalability, delayed new technology introduction, and increased the complexity and time required to generate accurate network information for financial reporting and regulatory compliance.
- Oracle Communications Network Resource Management provides Grameenphone with a single, scalable network inventory, accurately synchronized with the network through ongoing network discovery and reconciliation. The system integrates the inventory with flexible work management tools that help streamline inventory-related processes including network design, installation, test and customer acceptance.
- The solution also supports agile network planning to help Grameenphone optimize its network, reduce network build and configuration costs and avoid unnecessary network equipment procurement.
- Grameenphone has integrated Oracle Communications Network Resource Management with Oracle E-Business Suite to improve network asset lifecycle management, enabling more timely and accurate financial reporting and compliance.
- The initial solution deployment improved the accuracy of Grameenphone's network inventory data by at least 30% for more efficient network operations. It also helped identify 30% stranded capacity in the transmission network, enabling Grameenphone to re-deploy this capacity and avoid additional capital costs.
- As part of this OSS transformation program, Grameenphone has consolidated inventory operations to improve decision making accuracy and speed, and has retired 10 legacy applications to reduce the operational costs associated with multi-application maintenance.
- Oracle Communications Network Resource Management solution includes Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution, Oracle Communications Network Integrity and Oracle Communications Network Intelligence.
- "In successfully deploying Oracle Communications Network Resource Management solution, we have simplified, standardized and integrated our OSS applications, enabling us to reduce our network-related costs, improve the accuracy of our asset cost management processes and consolidate applications -- ensuring our future business processes will be faster, more agile and increasingly efficient," said Tanveer Mohammad, chief technology officer, Technology Division, Grameenphone.
- "Oracle Communications Network Resource Management is a modular solution that enables network operators to plan, build, optimize and transform their networks. When further integrated with financial asset management such as Oracle E-Business Suite, it provides service providers complete visibility to all network assets and supports timely and accurate financial and regulatory compliance," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Network Resource Management Solution
- Oracle Communications MetaSolv Solution
- Oracle Communications Network Integrity
- Oracle Communications Network Intelligence
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/communications.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.