REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/24/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- North Carolina-based Greenville Utilities Commission (GUC), an electric, water, sewer and natural gas service provider to the City of Greenville and 75 percent of Pitt County, selected a broad footprint of Oracle applications and technology solutions to help reduce costs and improve customer service. GUC is working with Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), Lucidity Consulting Group on the implementation.
- GUC, which is updating its IT infrastructure as part of a broader initiative to integrate internal processes and technology enterprise-wide, selected Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing, Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management, Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management, the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Hyperion Planning and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, all running on Oracle Database 11g.
- With the implementation of Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management, Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management and the Oracle E-Business Suite, GUC hopes to boost workforce productivity through improved communication between customer service representatives, dispatchers and technicians. This will help GUC continue to improve its excellent customer service and operational effectiveness.
- Further, with Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing, GUC felt it was flexible enough to handle their current and future rates and allow the utility to respond to their customer needs as they evolve.
- As part of the two-phased project, which began earlier this year, GUC has begun implementing the Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Fusion Middleware. The second project phase will begin early next year, and will include the rest of its Oracle solutions.
- "Our mission with this project is to support the right processes with the right technology so we can continue to provide exceptional customer service into the future. With the Oracle solutions in place, we can streamline the way we do business, which will ultimately enable us to deliver on our mission," said Sandy Barnes, director of information technology, Greenville Utilities.
- "We are pleased that Greenville Utilities chose Oracle Utilities' software and technology offerings. Our solution scalability will enable GUC to revitalize its IT infrastructure, ultimately enabling it to realize its goals of increased operational efficiency and improved customer service," said Rodger Smith, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Utilities.
- Oracle Utilities
- Oracle Utilities on Facebook
- Oracle Utilities on Twitter
- Oracle Utilities on LinkedIn
- Oracle Utilities YouTube Channel
- Oracle Utilities on Diigo
About Oracle Utilities
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utilities of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware, database technologies, as well as servers and storage. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments. Additionally, Oracle Utilities helps utilities prepare for smart metering and smart grid initiatives that enhance efficiency and provide critical intelligence metrics that can help drive more-informed energy and water usage decisions for consumers and businesses. For more information, visit www.oracle.com/goto/utilities.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to utilities, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.