SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/29/13 -- DistribuTECH 2013 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle Japan today announces that Nihonkai Gas selects Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing to enhance customer service and billing capabilities.
- Nihonkai Gas serves propane and city gas to 100,000 customers across Toyama and part of Ishikawa prefectures in Japan.
- The gas company selected Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing to replace legacy systems and build up a new billing platform to enhance customer services and keep up with the demand against ever-changing government regulations on tariffs.
- Utilizing Oracle Utilities, Nihonkai Gas plans to consolidate different systems for city gas and propane gas into a single platform. With Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing, the gas company plans to expand their billing rate menu and to significantly improve their rapid-response service.
- "We are pleased that Nihonkai Gas has selected Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing to improve billing functionality and customer management," said Rodger Smith, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Utilities. "We look forward to supporting their pursuit of a single billing platform that will ultimately lead improved efficiency and enhanced customer satisfaction."
- Oracle Utilities on Facebook
- Oracle Utilities on LinkedIn
- Oracle Utilities on Twitter
- Oracle Utilities YouTube Channel
About Oracle Utilities
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utilities of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware, database technologies, as well as servers and storage. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments. Additionally, Oracle Utilities helps utilities prepare for smart metering and smart grid initiatives that enhance efficiency and provide critical intelligence metrics that can help drive more-informed energy and water usage decisions for consumers and businesses. For more information, visit www.oracle.com/goto/utilities.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to utilities, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.