SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/29/13 -- DistribuTECH 2013 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Alliant Energy Corporation, an electric and natural gas services provider with 1.4 million customers in Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin, selected Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing to improve operational efficiency and enhance customer billing capabilities.
- This project is unique in that it will consolidate two distinct customer information systems (CIS) and numerous supporting applications to a single Oracle integrated platform. Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing will provide Alliant Energy with a complete view of customer data, helping streamline billing processes and enable more responsive customer service.
- Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing can help the utility manage all aspects of the utility customer lifecycle including service connection, meter reading data, meter management, complex billing, payment processing and debt collection.
- "Oracle Utilities strives to provide an open, modern architecture that will help transform a utility's technology infrastructure. We are pleased that Alliant Energy has selected Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing for its CIS replacement project to enhance its customer service experience," said Rodger Smith, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Utilities.
- Oracle Utilities
- Oracle Utilities on Facebook
- Oracle Utilities on Twitter
- Oracle Utilities on LinkedIn
- Oracle Utilities YouTube Channel
- Oracle Utilities on Diigo
About Oracle Utilities
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utilities of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware, database technologies, as well as servers and storage. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments. Additionally, Oracle Utilities helps utilities prepare for smart metering and smart grid initiatives that enhance efficiency and provide critical intelligence metrics that can help drive more-informed energy and water usage decisions for consumers and businesses. For more information, visit www.oracle.com/goto/utilities.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to utilities, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.