REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Gartner, Inc. has named Oracle a Leader in its latest "Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Content Management." (1)
- This was the third 2012 Magic Quadrant in which Oracle WebCenter was named a Leader. It was also recognized as a Leader in the "Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management" and the "Magic Quadrant for Horizontal Portals."
- Gartner's Magic Quadrant reports position vendors within a particular quadrant based on their completeness of vision and ability to execute.
- According to Gartner, "Leaders have the highest combined scores for Ability to Execute and Completeness of Vision. They are doing well and are prepared for the future with a clearly articulated vision. In the context of ECM, they have strong channel partners, presence in multiple regions, consistent financial performance, broad platform support and good customer support. In addition, they dominate in one or more technology or vertical market. Leaders deliver a suite that addresses market demand for direct delivery of the majority of core components, though these are not necessarily owned by them, tightly integrated, unique or best-of-breed in each area. We place more emphasis this year on demonstrated enterprise deployments; integration with other business applications and content repositories; incorporation of Web 2.0 and XML capabilities; and vertical-process and horizontal-solution focus. Leaders should drive market transformation. There are six Leaders in this year's Magic Quadrant."
- By delivering unified content management capabilities that ensure seamless access to the right information in the appropriate business context, Oracle WebCenter Content, a component of Oracle WebCenter, helps organizations implement a strategic content infrastructure for managing documents, images, and rich media files while delivering contextual integration with enterprise applications.
- Oracle WebCenter is the engagement platform powering exceptional experiences for customers, employees and partners. It connects people and information by bringing together the most complete portfolio of portal, Web experience management, content, social, and collaboration technologies into a single integrated product suite.
- Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Content Management
- Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g
- Oracle WebCenter
- Oracle WebCenter Content
- Oracle WebCenter Blog
- Join the Oracle WebCenter community on Facebook and Twitter
(1) Gartner, Inc., "Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Content Management," by Mark R. Gilbert, Karen M. Shegda, Kenneth Chin, Gavin Tay, Hanns Koehler-Kruener, October 18, 2012
About Gartner's Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.