BARCELONA, SPAIN -- (Marketwire) -- 02/25/13 -- MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- LG U+ (www.lguplus.com), a leading communications service provider in South Korea, has successfully upgraded its Oracle Communications Network Resource Management solution with Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management 7.1.2 and Oracle Communications Network Integrity 7.1.
- LG U+ expanded the scope of the Oracle Communications Network Resource Management solution to manage, in a convergent and integrated fashion, LG U+'s fixed and mobile network. The solution enables LG U+ to efficiently manage the access and core components of its 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) network while also improving visibility into the configuration of its fixed network.
- With the deployment, LG U+ focused on improving network equipment data integrity in terms of monitoring, managing and resolving network failures in its 4G LTE network. As a result, LG U+ improved its network configuration inventory accuracy rate to 99.9% and significantly reduced its failure-prevention and management costs.
- With this upgrade, LG U+ also expanded its network modeling capabilities to include connectivity and support for collection of network topology information through the system's management capacity feature.
- LG U+ initially deployed its Network Resource Management System based on Oracle Communications solutions to integrate the management of network equipment distributed across the country of South Korea in April 2010.
- "With the world's first nationwide LTE network deployment, 43 percent of LG U+ subscribers are using LTE, which is the largest share of LTE subscribers among the communications service providers in the world. LG U+ adopted Oracle Communications Network Resource Management solution because it helped provide us with the reliable operations and services we needed, as well as supported the LTE network deployment, which enabled us to quickly improve network reliability," said Park Song-chul, vice president, NW technology unit, LG U+. "LG U+ is working to bring its customers a more advanced network and improved component quality, combined with relevant systems, to maintain a competitive edge in this highly regulated market."
- "Oracle Communications Network Resource Management enables communications service providers to plan, build, optimize and transform their networks to achieve efficient and profitable network growth," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications. "Through this upgrade, we continue to work closely with LG U+ as it converges its fixed and mobile networks to increase the visibility and data accuracy of its network inventory."
- Oracle Communications Network Resource Management Solution
- Oracle Communications Unified Inventory Management
- Oracle Communications Network Integrity
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About LG U+
LG U+ is a total telecommunication service provider formed by the merger of three companies, LG Telecom, LG Dacom and LG Powercomm in 2010. LG U+ pursues Korea's first nationwide 4G LTE and completion of All-IP network. LG U+'s New Vision is to be the World's best in "Beyond Telecom."