Technip (Paris:TEC) (ISIN:FR0000131708) was awarded by Petrobras a highly technological lump sum contract for the Guara & Lula Nordeste pre-salt field development located in the Santos Basin, offshore Brazil, at a water depth of 2,250 meters.
The contract covers the manufacture of 24 kilometers of 6" gas injection flexible lines rated for 552 bars (7,850 pound-force per square inch) design pressure:
- 2 x 200 meters top risers(1) designed with Technip’s innovative Teta-Clip pressure vault technology,
- 4 x 1,400 meters of intermediate and bottom risers,
- 18 kilometers of flowlines(2).
The gas injection lines will be used to re-inject produced gas into the reservoir to respect new Brazilian environmental regulation.
Frédéric Delormel, Technip Executive Vice President and COO Subsea, stated: “This very innovative solution developed by our French & Brazilian R&D teams takes Technip further to meet corrosion & fatigue requirements, which increased with pre-salt field developments. Our success in this first pre-salt tender for gas injection flexible risers demonstrates the leading edge position of our Teta-Clip pressure vault technology to meet such high internal pressure and high tension requirements, and comfort us in our investment to build our new flexible plant in Açu, Brazil, which will be capable to manufacture this type of high-end products.”
The pipelines will be manufactured at Technip’s flexible pipe plants and delivered in two batches, the first one in 2012 and the second in the first quarter of 2013.
(1) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids and or products from the seabed to surface facilities, and transfer injection or control fluids from the surface facilities to the seabed.
(2) Flowline: a flexible or rigid pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
Technip is a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry.
From the deepest Subsea oil & gas developments to the largest and most complex Offshore and Onshore infrastructures, our 30,000 people are constantly offering the best solutions and most innovative technologies to meet the world’s energy challenges.
Present in 48 countries, Technip has state-of-the-art industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
Technip shares are listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris exchange and the USA over-the-counter (OTC) market as an American Depositary Receipt (ADR: TKPPK).