BARCELONA, Feb. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MOBILE WORLD CONGRESS -- Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) today announced the Marvell® PXA1802, the industry's most advanced multimode TD LTE modem chipset for TD-SCDMA and LTE markets. The latest offering in Marvell's global communications processor portfolio, which is designed to meet the needs of the next generation of mobile connectivity, the PXA1802 addresses the geographic fragmentation issues that are hindering the adoption of the TDD standards. As a 3G and 4G mobile broadband modem, the PXA1802 integrates an advanced next-generation Time-Division Duplexing (TDD), Frequency Division Duplexing (FDD) LTE and Time Division Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access (TD-SCDMA) technology onto a single chip that is fully backward compatible with current China TD-SCDMA standards, designed to provide a true universal platform for future bandwidth-hungry mobile applications and multimedia devices.
"Today's connected lifestyle is enabled by high-performance global cellular networks. I believe Marvell's market leadership in China's 3G TD-SCDMA and our innovations in multimode 4G LTE solutions will provide us a unique advantage in bringing worldwide consumers closer together," said Weili Dai, Co-Founder of Marvell. "Our low-power, cost-effective PXA1802 solution sets a new bar for delivering seamless connectivity that is high performance with superior security. I want to thank our global engineering teams for their tremendous efforts in developing the technologies that provide the foundation for expanding the availability of a truly connected lifestyle."
The Marvell's PXA1802 modem has a thin, flexible and efficient architecture that allows fast implementation on the latest LTE and TD-SCDMA terminals with minimal cost. The PXA1802 supports next-generation LTE standards with Category 4 150 Megabits-per-Second (Mbps) downlink throughput and Release 8 TD-SCDMA High-Speed Packet Access (HSPA+).
Additional features include:
- Marvell-designed processor core with packet processing accelerators and L1 / L2 caches
- Hardware architecture that includes Digital Signal Processing (DSP) modem core, cellular baseband core, Power Management Unit (PMU), Direct Memory Access (DMA) and external interfaces
- Reuse of a common cellular processor software stacks across multiple air interfaces and cellular networks
- Data card and dongle form factors to support mobile connectivity for laptops and similar mobile devices
Standards and features supported:
- 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) Release 9 TDD-LTE, FDD-LTE
- 3GPP Release 8 TD-SCDMA HSPA+ supporting Down-Link Dual-Carrier (DLDC)
- Multi-band LTE, quad-band EDGE and DigRF3G / 4G interfaces
- Multi-radio platform capability, 3G / Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) / Bluetooth (BT) coexistence enables support for IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS), Voice Over IP (VoIP) and other advanced carrier devices
- Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO)
Marvell will be demonstrating its mobile connectivity solutions at Mobile World Congress 2012 in booth AV55, in the Hall Avenue. Mobile World Congress is being held Feb. 27 – March 1, 2012 at Fira Montjuic in Barcelona (Av. Reina Maria Cristina, s/n, 08004).
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a world leader in the development of storage, communications and consumer silicon solutions. Marvell's diverse product portfolio includes switching, transceiver, communications controller, wireless and storage solutions that power the entire communications infrastructure, including enterprise, metro, home and storage networking. As used in this release, the term "Marvell" refers to Marvell Technology Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries. For more information, visit Marvell.com.
Marvell and the M logo are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
For Further Information Contact:
Marvell Media Relations