SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- RSA CONFERENCE 2012 --
- EMC announces a portfolio of five new Security and Risk Management Advisory Services.
- Developed by EMC Consulting, the new services help organizations ensure their information is secure, regulation compliant, and meets business requirements.
- Services enable organizations to balance business agility with the appropriate levels of advanced security, active governance and assured availability.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced the availability of five new Security and Risk Management Advisory Services designed to enable organizations to build new levels of trust and control for next-generation IT infrastructures. Developed by EMC Consulting, the new set of comprehensive offerings help ensure customers' confidence that their information is secure, compliant with regulations and meets their unique business requirements.
A multimedia version of this press release and related content can be found here.
Virtualization, cloud computing, mobile technologies, and the emergence of a new class of Big Data applications have dramatically altered how organizations create, deliver, and manage information. The sudden openness of information within rapidly expanding IT infrastructures, application portfolios and cloud environments could expose organizations to new forms of risk. IT and security teams are hindered from maintaining direct control over IT resources—at a time when organizations have near-total reliance on digital assets, and operate within an increasingly complex landscape of compliance requirements and security threats.
To help organizations re-establish deeper visibility into, and tighter control over, their digital assets, EMC is announcing five new Security and Risk Management Advisory Services:
- Trusted Cloud Advisory Services are designed to build trust in an organization's next-generation IT architecture. These services leverage EMC's deep experience in identity, information, and infrastructure security, providing visibility into, and control of, an organization's private and public cloud environments.
- Information Governance Advisory Services were created to enable the development of a cohesive approach to information governance. Organizations better understand where information lives, how it's delivered and accessed, and how it's used and governed in order to facilitate safe, efficient stewardship of high-value information.
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance Advisory Services are designed to identify, analyze, manage, and mitigate risks. These services bring governance and visibility to risk management, providing confidence that information is secure, compliant with regulations, and meets specific business requirements.
- Fraud and Identity Management Advisory Services help organizations cope with the complex, evolving threat landscape. Clients can protect sensitive information, while allowing trusted identities to freely and securely interact with online systems in ways that increase efficiency, improve customer satisfaction, and control costs. Business agility is balanced with the appropriate levels of security and authentication.
- Mobile Device Security Advisory Services were developed to allow organizations to extend their current enterprise security policies and controls to help mitigate the rapidly escalating risks associated with providing mobile devices access to sensitive data and resources.
The new EMC Security and Risk Management services portfolio extends the security offerings of EMC Consulting and RSA, which are backed by hundreds of certified security professionals with extensive governance, risk, compliance, and security management experience. The proven security track record of EMC and RSA help enterprises transition from reactive security methods to a proactive security approach.
Industry Analyst Quote
Chris Christiansen, Program Vice President, Security Products & Services, IDC
"Security culpability is no longer the responsibility of just the CISO. The demand for broadened information access and an increasingly interconnected mobile workforce is exposing sensitive corporate data to new forms of risk and leakage. EMC's new Security and Risk Management Services are the ideal remedy to lock down access control and identify IT infrastructure security gaps before they become problematic or worse, irrevocably damaging."
EMC & RSA Executive Quotes
Tom Roloff, COO, EMC Consulting
"Organizations today face unprecedented levels of security, risk, and compliance challenges and threats. Businesses of all sizes are being forced to make their information resources easily available to authenticated users anytime, anywhere. The new EMC security and risk management services portfolio leverages the expertise and proven track record of EMC Consulting security professionals to enable customers to build, maintain, and cost effectively operate the trusted IT environments they require."
Branden Williams, CTO Marketing, RSA
Through its security services, EMC Consulting has pinpointed several IT infrastructure areas where organizations absolutely require strategic guidance to stay ahead of new security risks and business challenges. By combining these new security and risk management services with RSA's expanding product portfolio, EMC's security proposition has never been stronger."
- Learn more about EMC Consulting Security and Risk Management
- Learn more about Trusted IT
- Get more information about RSA
- Connect with EMC on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Connect with RSA on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC and RSA are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other products and/or services are trademarks of their respective owners.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE EMC Corporation