Park Opens April 3 for the Earliest Opening and Longest Season Ever
GURNEE, Ill., March 25 /PRNewswire/ -- Six Flags Great America, the premiere destination for affordable, close to home family entertainment in the Midwest, kicks off a new year of thrilling family fun on Friday, April 3. This year marks the longest season ever with 18 additional operating days, unprecedented pricing, a new interactive family water ride, an exciting concert lineup and the return of an old friend. Mr. Six - the ageless, dancing, rater-of-fun will be in park all season long showing off his signature dance moves, posing for pictures, and beckoning guests to have More Flags. More Fun. To kick off the 2009 season on April 3, guests who dress like Mr. Six - from his signature glasses and red bow tie to his bald head and black suit - will be able to purchase a ticket for just $6. Additionally, there will be a Mr. Six Look-A-Like and Dance Contest where Mr. Six himself will rate contestants and prizes will be awarded to guests who receive the ultimate "Six Flags" rating in each category.
As part of this incredible season long celebration, Six Flags Great America will offer a line-up of new shows and attractions that provide top-tier entertainment as well as guest benefits that ensure a value-packed experience for the entire family. Some of the major headlines this season include:
- $69.99 for Season Passes - the lowest price in five years and only $15 more than a one-day ticket. Season Passes offer unlimited visits to any Six Flags theme park in the United States, five free tickets for friends and more than $500 in savings on in-park food and fun. In addition, Season Pass holders will enjoy exclusive ride times as well as a private Season Pass Holder Appreciation night on Sept. 18.
- Everyone Pays Kids' Price - Everyone can have big fun at a small price! This $20 daily ticket discount is available online until June 7.
More Flags! More Fun!
- Buccaneer Battle - a mutiny is brewing at Six Flags Great America as the park's new water adventure ride gets ready to set sail in mid-May. Ten ships, each with room for eight crew members, follow a 450-foot channel through waves of interactive fun for the entire family. As the ships navigate the waters, the battle begins for passengers armed with a powerful soaker gun as they take aim at each other and targets along the way. Some targets respond while others display a variety of special effects, creating surprises at every turn. Buccaneer Battle also engages landlubber park guests along the ride's banks as the freebooters on the ship supply random fire and observers shoot back in ship-to-shore fun.
- STARBURST(R) Summer Concert Series presented by T-Mobile(R) - Music takes a front seat this season as the park debuts a new concert series with some of the industry's hottest acts including Jesse McCartney, Raven Symone and Miranda Cosgrove. All concerts are free with park admission or a Season Pass.
- The Best of Dick Clark's Bloopers - this new interactive show features a live host who encourages audience members to create their own blunders while watching some of the all-time great missteps from Dick Clark's collection.
- Six Flags Cyber Cafe presented by Comcast - Guests can now stay connected while visiting the park and upload their Six Flags fun instantly with free access to the Internet. The cafe will feature a menu selection of specialty coffees, homemade doughnuts, pastries and crepes.
- Johnny Rockets Express - This all new restaurant features tasty favorites. World-famous Johnny Rockets shakes, fries, onion rings and chicken tenders are on the menu at this new express location of one of the park's most popular restaurants.
- M-porium - a chocolate lover's dream. This new retail shop features M&M and Mars candies of every variety along with unique souvenirs.
"Six Flags Great America has always been the area's premiere destination for affordable, close to home family fun, and it will continue to hold that title this year beginning April 3," said Park President Hank Salemi. "With seven months of on-going entertainment, we're offering our guests a summer of escape with value like never before."
Six Flags Great America is located less than a tank of gas away from Chicago and Milwaukee and offers fun for the entire family with 13 heart-pounding roller coasters including Raging Bull, a free 15-acre water park, spectacular shows and parades, four children's themed areas with over 35 kids rides including Wiggles World and meet and greets with Six Flags' world-famous cast of characters, including Mr. Six.
The Park will be open weekends in April with daily operations starting May 18. Visit sixflags.com for a complete list of operating hours and more information about Six Flags Great America tickets, shows, rides, attractions and events.
About Six Flags, Inc:
Six Flags, Inc. is the world's largest regional theme park company with 20 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada, and soon will be expanding beyond North America with destinations in Dubai and Qatar. Since 1961, hundreds of millions of families have trusted Six Flags to combine friendly-clean-fast-safe service with affordable, value-packed thrills, record-shattering roller coasters and special events like the Summer Concert Series, Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park. Six Flags' wide array of entertainment options reaches all demographics - families, teens, tweens and thrill seekers alike - featuring themed attractions based on skateboarding legend Tony Hawk, the ultimate daredevil Evel Knievel, movie franchises The Dark Knight and The Mummy; as well as world-renowned, kid-friendly brands including Looney Tunes, the Justice League of America, The Wiggles and Thomas the Tank Engine.
Six Flags continues to develop new avenues for growth, acquiring ownership and management of Dick Clark Productions, producer of such perennial television hits as the American Music Awards, the Golden Globe Awards, the Academy of Country Music Awards, Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve and So You Think You Can Dance. Six Flags, Inc. is a publicly-traded corporation (NYSE: SIX) headquartered in New York City.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. (R), TM and (c) 2009.
Thomas & FriendsTM: (c) 2009 Gullane (Thomas) Limited.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and (c) Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
BATMAN, JUSTICE LEAGUE, LEGION OF DOOM and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and (c) DC Comics.
SOURCE Six Flags Great America