|LIVE NATION ENTERTAINMENT, Inc.||(NY: LYV)|
Streaming Delayed Price / Updated: /
Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: LYV) is the world's largest live concert producer, by market capitalization. As a producer, Live Nation acts mainly as a live music promoter and venue operator, not an owner of music.
Live Nation produced nearly 22,000 concerts for 2,000 artists in 42 countries during 2009. In 2009, over 52 million fans attended Live Nation concerts and the Company drove over 70 million unique visitors to its website. Globally, Live Nation owns, operates, has booking rights for and/or has an equity interest in 142 venues, including House of Blues music venues and prestigious locations such as The Fillmore in San Francisco, the Hollywood Palladium, the Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam and the O2 Dublin.(Read more at Wikinvest )
- Company Overview
- Business and Financial Metrics
- Business Segments
- North American Music (61.4% of 2009 revenue)
- International Music (36.7% of 2009 revenues)
- Ticketing (1.8% of 2009 revenues)
- Key Trends and Forces
- Live Nation's Debt-financed Acquisition Strategy is Threatened by the Economic Slowdown
- Live Nation's Main Audience is the "Notoriously Fickle" Youth Demographic, a Market Hard to Target Consistently
- As Concert Attendance Drops, Live Nation Strategy Shifts to Increase Revenue per Fan
- Live Nation's Revenue is Highly Dependent on Weather
- Companies that Compete with LYV Business Segments "North American Music", "International Music", "Artist Nation", and "Other"
- Companies that Compete with LYV Business Segment "Ticketing"