City CarShare, the largest nonprofit carsharing organization in the country, announced today 14 new and expanded vehicle locations (pods) in San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley and Alameda. In addition, three locations in San Francisco have reopened. City CarShare now has 239 Pod locations throughout the Bay Area.
The new locations serve several new neighborhoods and include:
- Ellsworth & Cortland (Bernal Heights) – 801 Cortland Avenue
- Cayuga & Santa Rosa (Mission Terrace) – new service area at 740 Cayuga Avenue
- Clarence Place & Townsend (China Basin) – 21 Clarence Place
- Brighton & Ocean (Ingleside) – inside Whole Foods Market at 1150 Ocean Avenue
- Judah & 12th (Inner Sunset) – on-street parking at 708 Judah Street
- Harriet & Howard (SOMA) – on-street parking at 38 Harriet Street
- Sanchez & 17th (Castro) – 330 Sanchez Street
- Harrison & 15th (Gold Coast) – new service area at 1515 Harrison Street
- 59th & MLK (Santa Fe) – 828 59th Street
- Adeline & Essex (South Berkeley) – AccessMobile location at 3075 Adeline Street
- 4th & Cedar (West Berkeley) – available evenings and weekends at 1608 4th Street
- Stuart & Telegraph (Elmwood) – new service area at 2412 Stuart Street
- Ashby & Telegraph (South Berkeley) – 2996 Telegraph Ave
- Santa Clara & Webster (West End) – two spaces at 713 Santa Clara Avenue
“These new locations and new service areas provide members and prospective members with additional options for locating vehicles and they meet the demand from our members,” said Rick Hutchinson, CEO of City CarShare. “The vehicles at the new locations also include a mix of our fuel efficient / low emission, hybrid and electric vehicles to help reach our goal of making 50% of our fleet comprised of hybrids, plug-in hybrids and all-electric vehicles by 2015.”
About City CarShare
City CarShare, a Bay Area nonprofit, provides convenient, affordable access to shared cars in order to reduce individual car ownership and usage. By providing innovative and technologically advanced mobility options to members, we help to improve the environment and quality of life in our cities through the reduction of traffic, parking problems and dependence on oil–while promoting cleaner air, quieter streets and more open space. For more information, visit www.citycarshare.org. Follow City CarShare on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
Media Please Note:
For further details about City CarShare, to schedule an interview with Rick Hutchinson or to request high-resolution photography, please contact Camille Priselac at Landis Communications, Inc.: (917) 703-1660; email@example.com or Hilary Burns at Landis Communications, Inc.: (415) 561-0888; firstname.lastname@example.org.