Best-selling Canadian author Terezia Farkas offers strategies for dealing with depression, encouragement and hope in her latest best-selling book about depression, 'Heart Of Love Evolution'.
WILMINGTON, NC, December 05, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Holidays are a special time of year for many reasons. For some people however the Holiday season is a time when depression hits hardest. This may be the result of anxiety, stress or increased responsibility. For many the primary cause of depression is loneliness. Best-selling Canadian author Terezia Farkas offers strategies for dealing with depression, encouragement and hope in her latest best-selling book about depression, 'Heart Of Love Evolution'. She is uniquely qualified to offer tips to avoid the Holiday depression trap. Here are 6 tips Terezia offers for the holiday season
1. Connect. Call over friends. One will do fine, because the goal is for you to have supportive, non-judgemental support. Talk to your neighbour. You'll be surprised that a neighbour can become a close friend. Even pets stave off loneliness. If depression starts feeling severe, seek professional support.
2. No Shame. We're scared of what people will think about us. Stigma keeps us from talking with others about what hurts. Don't be embarrassed. Depression isn't just a mental disease, it's a whole body illness like cancer. Depression affects 1 in 4 so chances are someone you know also suffers with depression.
3. Expect the Bad, Accept the Good. Expect bad emotional days. Accept any day or moment that's good. If you usually cry every morning or don't feel like getting up, accept that's how you'll be during the holidays. But don't expect that's how the rest of the day will go. Life can feel good so enjoy those moments and let yourself feel happy.
4. Avoid Family Drama. People don't change who they are overnight. Nor will they suddenly love you or want to be your friend. Family drama only diminishes your self-esteem, isolates you, and leaves you feeling more alone than before. Be realistic and know that others are bringing personal baggage to the party.
5. You First. Need alone time? Take it! Be gentle with yourself. Treat yourself first. Give yourself permission to feel miserable or to cry. Accept practical help when offered. You don't have to do everything yourself. Let others lift some of the load off your shoulders.
6. Grieve. Grief shouldn't be hidden. Discuss with others the triggers that upset you or conversations that offend you. Let them know its okay to say the name of the deceased. Honour your loved one by doing things you did together or set an extra seat at the table.
Terezia Farkas never imagined that she would attempt suicide until she slipped deeper and deeper into a state of desperation and depression. Her attempted suicides were a slow wake-up call that she needed to love herself. Her example shows that overcoming depression, while challenging, is not impossible.
Terezia was strong enough to survive her dark nights of the soul. She turned her life around by looking for the light within her experiences and through loving herself. She eventually found her soul path that at the end led her to a higher level of being and self-love. Terezia's message of hope and self-love shows that those who suffer from depression can go past the pain and hopelessness and can end up recovering from depression. Terezia has come back from the brink to create a new life centered upon helping others overcome depression.
Terezia is now an International Bestselling author, Huffington Post regular contributor, and columnist. Her 'Depression Help' on Beliefnet focuses on mental health. She is involved with CDRIN (Canadian Depression Research and Intervention Network) and created her own fundraiser for the Canadian Mental Health Association. She was invited to attend the Global Crisis of Depression Summit offered by The Economist at Kings Place in London on November 25, 2014.
Terezia Farkas is available for media interviews and can be reached using the information below or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. 'Heart Of Love Evolution - Surviving Depression' is available at Amazon, FriesenPress, Chapters/Indigo and Coles. More information is available at her website at http://www.tereziafarkas.com.
Terezia Farkas earned her two degrees, B.Sc. Psychology Specialization and B.Ed. at the University of Alberta, Canada. Her poetry and writings have been published in books, Canadian magazines, and newspapers. She is an International Bestselling Author with Heart of Love Evolution, a memoir dealing with depression and how to recover from depression and suicidal thoughts.
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
FinancialContent is the trusted provider of stock market information to the media industry.
Stock Market JSON API provided by www.cloudquote.net
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial