ATLANTA, May 15, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- HD Supply, Inc. (NASDAQ: HDS) is extremely proud to honor its top 22 drivers as part of its fourth annual Driver Championship held on May 8 in Atlanta. The drivers were identified through a rigorous selection process from more than 1,900 drivers across the United States within each of HD Supply’s business units.
The top drivers met at the company’s headquarters and competed to win “Driver of the Year” for their respective business unit. The top three winners from each business received monetary awards of: $3,000 (1st place), $2,000 (2nd place) and $1,000 (3rd place). This is the company’s top distinction to honor the invaluable service its drivers provide.
In order to be selected, the drivers must meet rigorous performance standards and show exemplary service to the customer.
“It’s incredible to witness the work that our drivers do each and every day for our customers,” said Construction & Industrial Director of Operations Kevin Pierce. “Our drivers are critical to what we do, and I am humbled by their devotion to our customers and their ability to perform effectively with new and different challenges being thrown their way every day. We are pleased to be able to honor these top individuals through our annual Driver Championship.”
As part of the Driver Championship, each driver went through a series of tests, including pre-route inspections, a written test, a driving obstacle course and cargo securement test, and was scored by a panel of judges consisting of members of the HD Supply Environmental, Health and Safety teams; J.J. Keller Safety and Compliance Company; and Penske and Ryder Trucking Companies.
“The driver rodeo course would be considered extremely difficult by any professional driver,” said Facilities Maintenance Environmental Health and Safety Director Chris Collins. “Participants have always performed very well because of what they experience every day and their unrelenting commitment to safety. Extreme traffic, highway driving and heavy pedestrian traffic at customer locations, including children, are all things professional drivers have to deal with, but our drivers handle all of them and still maintain a world-class safety record.”
HD Supply’s top drivers selected for the 2019 Driver Championship are:
- Jorge Aguayo: C&I Driver (CDL) from Corona, CA
- Shawn Brown: C&I Driver (CDL) from Stafford, TX
- Louis Campedelli: C&I Driver (CDL) from Plainville, MA
- Frank Cefalu: C&I Driver (CDL) from Riverside, CA
- James Charlton: FM Delivery Driver (non-CDL) from Norcross, GA
- Rodyan Daly: C&I Tractor Trailer Driver from Capitol Heights, MD
- Robert Dixon: FM Delivery Driver (non-CDL) from Orlando, FL
- Javier Espinoza: C&I Driver (CDL) from Austin, TX
- Alex Duwayne Garcia: FM Delivery Driver (non-CDL) from Phoenix, AZ
- Edgar Garcia: FM Lead Driver from Secaucus, NJ
- Johnathan Gray: FM Lead Driver from San Diego, CA
- Andres Jimenez: C&I Driver (CDL) from Fort Myers, FL
- Ceasar Jordan: C&I Driver (CDL) from Santa Rosa, CA
- Eliseo Lucio: FM Lead Driver from Austin, TX
- David Marcus: FM Lead Driver from Calera, AL
- Robert May: C&I Tractor Trailer Driver from Columbus, OH
- Timothy O'Connor: FM Delivery Driver (non-CDL) from Livonia, MI
- Juan Plancarte: C&I Driver (CDL) from Bakersfield, CA
- Stephen Pronk: C&I Driver (CDL) from Greenville, SC
- Evans Quinones: C&I Driver (CDL) from Elk Grove Village, IL
- Steve Robertson: FM Lead Driver from Flower Mound, TX
- Cory Weber: FM Delivery Driver (non-CDL) from Solon, OH
HD Supply prides itself on the belief that one of its greatest assets and differentiators is its people. As a company, it believes in hiring those who will go above and beyond to solve its customers’ toughest problems efficiently and effectively, and is proud to acknowledge the top drivers competing in this year’s challenge for this reason.
About HD Supply
HD Supply (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in the maintenance, repair and operations, and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 270 branches and 44 distribution centers in the U.S. and Canada, the company's approximately 11,500 associates provide localized, customer-tailored products, services and expertise.