BENTONVILLE, Ark., Jan. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Walmart today announced it is expanding its Race Time 2012 program to give fans more accessibility to discounted race tickets, driver appearances and fan events at stores, a greater selection of authentic NASCAR merchandise and a special sponsorship of Bill Elliott at the Coke Zero 400.
Walmart's Race Time program, launched last year as the largest retail promotion in NASCAR history, gives fans authentic merchandise and fan events at Walmart stores in every NASCAR Sprint Cup series race market. This year, Walmart has more than tripled the number of companies offering displays of authentic merchandise, doubled the number of fan events at stores and increased the race markets where the $99 Walmart Family Track Pack will be offered.
"Our mission is to bring accessibility and affordability to NASCAR fans," said Rand Waddoups, Senior Director, Entertainment Properties and Brands, Walmart. "We know our customers love NASCAR, so we are going to be a one-stop shop where they can save on discounted family tickets and authentic merchandise, as well as meet some of their favorite drivers."
The goal for Elliott, who was voted NASCAR's Most Popular Driver 16 times and is one of NASCAR's Top 50 Drivers of all time, is to qualify and compete at the Coke Zero 400. He will also visit Walmart stores with his show car before select races.
Steve Phelps, chief marketing officer of NASCAR, said, "Our expanded partnership with Walmart allows us to further engage and excite our fans and bring exceptional value. NASCAR fans can now visit a single destination to stock up on all of their favorite NASCAR merchandise, tickets and race-day snacks."
Walmart's Race Time 2012 program specifics include:
- Elliott appearances at Walmart stores throughout the racing season leading up to the Daytona race on July 7, giving fans a chance to meet him in person.
- In participating race markets, Walmart will offer a $99 Walmart Family Track Pack that includes four discounted race tickets, four hot dogs, four sodas and a race program. The package saves fans more than $100 and will be available online at Walmart.com as well as in Ticketmaster kiosks in selected Walmart stores.
- NASCAR fan events at stores in every race market throughout the season will feature real stock car race displays, special appearances by professional drivers and racing simulator machines.
- Participating stores will offer authentic NASCAR T-shirts, racing flags and other NASCAR branded merchandise, as well as tailgating food and beverages.
The $99 Walmart Family Track Pack will be available for the following races:
- Kobalt Tools 400, Las Vegas – March 11, 2012
- California Auto Club 500, Fontana, Calif. – March 25, 2012
- Dodge Challenger 500, Darlington, S.C. – May 12, 2012
- NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race, Charlotte, N.C. – May 19, 2012
- Coca-Cola 600, Charlotte, N.C. – May 27, 2012
- Autism Speaks 400, Dover, Del. – June 3, 2012
- Pocono 400, Pocono, Pa. – June 10, 2012
- Michigan 400, Brooklyn, Mich. – June 17, 2012
- Coke Zero 400, Daytona Beach, Fla. – July 7, 2012
- Lenox Industrial Tools 301, Loudon, N.H. – July 15, 2012
- Pennsylvania 400, Pocono, Pa. – Aug. 5, 2012
- Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips, Watkins Glen, N.Y. – Aug. 12, 2012
- Michigan 400, Brooklyn, Mich.– Aug. 19, 2012
- AdvoCare 500, Atlanta, Ga. – Sept. 2, 2012
- Dover 400, Dover, Del. – Sept. 30, 2012
- Good Sam Club 500, Talladega, Ala. – Oct. 7, 2012
- Bank of America 500, Charlotte, N.C. – Oct. 13, 2012
For additional details, visit Walmart.com/NASCAR.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) serves customers and members more than 200 million times per week at over 10,000 retail units under 69 different banners in 28 countries. With fiscal year 2011 sales of $419 billion, Walmart employs 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://walmartstores.com, and on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart. Online merchandise sales are available at http://www.walmart.com and http://www.samsclub.com.
SOURCE Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Six Financial
Postage Rates Bots go here