GE's Leadership in Solving Complex Water Challenges Showcased at Singapore International Water Week 2012
By: ACN Newswire
Posted on July 02, 2012 at 21:00 PM EDT
- GE to Introduce Two New, Innovative Products, Delivering Unprecedented Energy Efficiency, Improved Productivity and Higher Levels of Water Recovery - GE to Spotlight Its ZeeWeed*, LEAPmbr*, Analytical Instruments and TrueSense* Technologies for Water and Wastewater Management and Treatment
Singapore, July 2, 2012 - (ACN Newswire) - GE (NYSE: GE) will introduce new advanced technologies and showcase products and services that are helping its industrial and municipal customers solve their toughest water challenges at Singapore International Water Week (SIWW), July 1-5.
"We have chosen SIWW - which has become a preeminent global water industry event - to again introduce our latest industry-leading advances in water innovation," said Heiner Markhoff, president and CEO - water and process technologies for GE Power & Water. "Our research and development is focused squarely on improving our customers' productivity, advancing water quality, reducing energy costs and helping customers meet or exceed environmental standards. Our new Integrated Pump and Energy Recover Device (IPER) and AquaSel* non-thermal brine concentrator demonstrate that we are delivering the technology advances our customers need and continuing our momentum of innovation following last year's successful introduction of LEAPmbr*, GE's next-generation MBR wastewater treatment technology."
This week GE will unveil its patented IPER system, a game-changing innovation in pumping and energy recovery. GE's IPER can deliver desalinated water at 10 percent less energy than the current best available technology. IPER provides energy efficiencies in a number of critical areas such as using a positive displacement pump with efficiencies at larger flow rates, recovering energy to use in the piston action, minimizing power losses with innovative valve technology and a sophisticated control system. In addition to the significant efficiency improvements, the IPER also eliminates mixing brine into the feed stream and the need for variable frequency drives.
Also being showcased by GE at SIWW is AquaSel, a new non-thermal brine concentrator (NTBC) that is designed to achieve greater than 99 percent water recovery in the ingredient water room - greatly improving the water-use ratio of production facilities. AquaSel is a patented system that runs at very high recovery on reverse osmosis (RO) reject water - producing a clean filtrate stream plus a small blowdown stream and dry salt cake for disposal. The filtrate produced also has a TDS at or below the raw water and can be looped back to the front of the ingredient water system.
Other highlights of GE's water and process technology portfolio that will be featured during SIWW at Booth #P02 include:
- GE's ZeeWeed* hollow-fiber membrane technology for ultrafiltration offers low life-cycle costs for water filtration, wastewater treatment and reuse. Ideally suited for municipal and industrial drinking water, tertiary and water reuse applications, ZeeWeed technology extends the life of RO systems, significantly reduces biological fouling and decreases cleaning intervals and system power consumption.
- Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) - MBR is for virtually all wastewater treatment applications. MBR systems offer extremely compact footprints, simplified operation and consistently higher quality effluent than conventional wastewater treatment systems.
- GE's LEAPmbr* product line, which was introduced at SIWW 2011, is GE's next-generation MBR wastewater treatment technology. LEAPmbr addresses water quality and operational cost issues faced by owners of municipal, industrial and residential wastewater treatment facilities worldwide. This technology offers the lowest life-cycle costs available from any MBR technology, yet is cost-competitive with conventional water treatment alternatives.
- GE's High Efficiency Reverse Osmosis (HERO*) process is part of the GE Modular Ultrapure Pure Water (UPW) Plant, which provides the microelectronics industry with equipment, services, balance of plant and more. The GE HERO Plant provides high-purity water and can treat UPW makeup, UPW Fab rinse recycle and reclaim, local scrubber blowdown and hydrofluoric acid water treatment and reclamation.
- Analytical instruments - GE offers Total Organic Carbon analyzers and other water quality measurement instruments, including the GE, Sievers and Leakwise brands. These state-of-the-art instruments are designed and manufactured for simpler, faster and more accurate analytical measurement and control.
TrueSense* advanced cooling solutions integrate three unique functionalities into one platform: direct online monitoring of critical water chemistries; personal instrumentation that dramatically cuts offline testing time; and a powerful data analysis and display capability that provides deep insight into system status.
* Trademark of the General Electric Company, may be registered in one or more countries.
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com.
GE Energy works connecting people and ideas everywhere to create advanced technologies for powering a cleaner, more productive world. With more than 100,000 employees in over 100 countries, our diverse portfolio of product and service solutions and deep industry expertise help our customers solve their challenges locally. We serve the energy sector with technologies in such areas as natural gas, oil, coal and nuclear energy; wind, solar, biogas and water processing; energy management; and grid modernization. We also offer integrated solutions to serve energy- and water-intensive industries such as mining, metals, marine, petrochemical, food & beverage and unconventional fuels.
Follow GE Energy on Twitter @GE_Energy.
Source: Singapore International Water Week
Adeline Teo GE Energy M + 65.9727 4500 email@example.com Lance John Edelman for GE Energy M +65 9773 4015 firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2012 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
Stock Market XML and JSON Data API provided by FinancialContent Services, Inc.
Nasdaq quotes delayed at least 15 minutes, all others at least 20 minutes.
Markets are closed on certain holidays. Stock Market Holiday List
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Press Release Service provided by PRConnect.
Stock quotes supplied by Telekurs USA
Postage Rates Bots go here