Something for everyone at Prairie Grass Cafe Mother's Day Brunch in Northbrook, IL.
NORTHBROOK, IL, April 20, 2015 /24-7PressRelease/ -- Chef/Owners Sarah Stegner and George Bumbaris at Prairie Grass Cafe (601 Skokie Blvd., Northbrook, IL; 847-205-4433) will honor Mother's Day with their annual, and very popular, Mother's Day Brunch, served from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sunday, May 10. The buffet is priced at $48 per person for adults and $18 per person for children aged 10 and under (tax, gratuity and beverage not included).
"We look forward to welcoming many of regular guests and their families as they enjoy this special day," said Stegner. "For anyone who hasn't visited us, this is a great way to get a sampling of our food, which we are very passionate about. On Mother's Day, we like to offer many great choices, and we make sure there are is something memorable for everyone."
For every guest, Mother's Day Brunch will begin with Prairie Grass Cafe's "PGC Benedict," Poached Egg with Spinach and Roasted Tomato Hollandaise. That's only the beginning, for the buffet spread is vast, a colorful collection of fresh appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts. Included on the buffet menu are:
- Platter of Grilled Asparagus; Lemon Cream Sauce and Sliced Radishes
- Quinoa Cakes with Arugula & Roasted Tomato Jam
- Pesto Pasta with Broccolli Rapini and Spring Peas
- Caesar Salad - Romaine, Our Homemade Dressing, Croutons and Shaved Parmesan
- Fresh Housemade Farmer's Cheese Black Mission Fig Jam with Balsamic Reduction and Nuts
- Our Signature Beef Shepherd's Pie
- Lightly Floured and Sauteed Whitefish with Green Beans, Capers and Almonds
- Slow Roasted Lamb with Chunky Ratatouille
- Crispy Little Red Potatoes with Basil Remoulade
- Chicken Cutlets with Tomato-Butter Sauce, Sauteed Broccoli
- Smoked Salmon Spread with Pumpernickel Baguette
- Crusty Multi Grain Artisan Breads, Mini Chocolate Croissants, Cheese Danish, Raspberry Jam Danish, Sticky Pecan Rolls
- Applewood Smoked "Maple Creek Farm" Bacon
- Homemade Maple Breakfast Sausage
- Roasted All-Natural New York Loin with Mushroom Sauce - Carved to Order
- Hot Fresh Waffle Station with Maple Syrup
- "Made to order" Omelet Station: "River Valley Ranch" mushrooms, onions, peppers, ham, spinach, cheddar, tomatoes
- Crepe Station with Valrhona and Hazelnut Spread, Raspberry Jam and Whipped Cream
- Fresh Sliced Ripe Fruit
- Platter of Berries
- Double Chocolate Cup Cakes with Butter Cream Icing
- Mom's Fruit Cream Pie
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Crumble
- Mini Cream Filled Eclairs
About Prairie Grass Cafe
Prairie Grass Cafe (601 Skokie Blvd.; Northbrook, IL; 847-205-4433) supports Chicago's Green City Market and local sustainable farms, selecting the freshest ingredients to reflect the season. Prairie Grass Cafe currently serves lunch Monday - Friday 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and dinner Monday through Sunday. Dinner is served Tuesday - Thursday from 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., and Monday and Sunday 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Prairie Grass Cafe also serves breakfast Saturdays 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Sundays 9:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. Light fare is available in the bar Monday through Friday 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. For more information or to make a reservation, please call (847) 205-4433 or visit www.prairiegrasscafe.com.
Press release service and press release distribution provided by http://www.24-7pressrelease.com
Prairie Grass Cafe to Serve its Signature Mother's Day Brunch on May 10
April 20, 2015 at 03:00 AM EDT