The Silicon Integration Initiative (Si2) announced today the election of the 2016-17 board of directors. Board members will be introduced at the Si2 Member Meeting and Reception during the Design Automation Conference (DAC), June 6, 4:00-6:00 p.m., Austin Convention Center, Room A10.
New representatives on the Si2 board are: Humair Mandavia, chief strategy officer, Zuken (6947: TYO), and Richard Trihy, director of Design Infrastructure, GLOBALFOUNDRIES.
Reelected board members are:
- Tom Beckley, senior vice president, Custom IC & PCB Group, Cadence Design Systems (NASDAQ: CDNS)
- David DeMaria, vice president, Corporate Marketing, Synopsys (NASDAQ: SNPS)
- Keith Greene, distinguished member of the technical staff, Analog Technology Development, Texas Instruments (NASDAQ: TXN)
- Rahul Goyal, vice president, Technology and Manufacturing Group and Director, EDA Business, Intel (NASDAQ: INTC)
- Jong-Bae Lee, vice president, Design Technology Team, Samsung Electronics (OTC: SSNLF)
- Suk Lee, senior director, Design Infrastructure Marketing Division, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (NYSE: TSM)
- Pravin Madhani, general manager, Place and Route Division, Mentor Graphics Corp. (NASDAQ: MENT)
- Leon Stok, vice president, Electronic Design Automation Technologies, IBM (NYSE: IBM)
- Nick Yu, vice president of Engineering, CDMA Technologies Division, Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM)
“The board of directors plays a critical role in providing strategic direction for Si2,” said John Ellis, president and CEO, Si2. “Technology advances from the semiconductor industry provide the foundation for ongoing innovation throughout the electronics industry. However, electronic system complexity continues to exponentially increase, at the same time that our industry is consolidating and overall growth has slowed,” he added.
“As a result, the need for efficient use of our members’ resources in collaborating on semiconductor and electronic system design tool interoperability has never been greater. To this end, our board determines the priorities for where Si2 resources must be focused,” Ellis said.
More information on the Si2 member-only meeting, including registration details, is found at: http://www.si2.org/events/si2membermeeting/.
About Si2: Founded in 1988, Si2 is a leading research and development joint venture that provides standard interoperability solutions for integrated circuit design tools. All Si2 activities are carried out under the auspices of the The National Cooperative Research and Production Act of 1993, the fundamental law that defines R&D joint ventures and offers them a large measure of protection against federal antitrust laws. The Si2 international membership includes semiconductor foundries, fabless manufacturers, and EDA companies.
Terry Berke, 512-342-2244, ext. 308