Silicon Integration Initiative (Si2), a global, research and development joint venture focused on developing and maintaining design software tool interoperability standards, announced today the election of the 2017-18 board of directors. Board members will be introduced at the Si2 Member Meeting and Reception during the Design Automation Conference (DAC), June 19, 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m., Austin Convention Center, Room 7.
Joining the Si2 Board for the first time is:
- Mick Tegethoff, director of Product Marketing for Analog/Mixed-Signal/RF IC Verification Solutions, Mentor, a Siemens Business, Mentor Graphics Corp.
Reelected board members are:
- Dave DeMaria, vice president, Corporate Marketing, Synopsys (NASDAQ: SNPS)
- Keith Green, distinguished member of the technical staff, Analog Technology Development, Texas Instruments (NASDAQ: TXN)
- Rahul Goyal, vice president, Technology and Manufacturing Group and Director, EDA Business, Intel (NASDAQ: INTC)
- Jong-Bae Lee, vice president, Design Technology Team, Samsung Electronics (OTC: SSNLF)
- Suk Lee, senior director, Design Infrastructure Marketing Division, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (NYSE: TSM)
- Leon Stok, vice president, Electronic Design Automation Technologies, IBM (NYSE: IBM)
- Nick Yu, vice president, Engineering, CDMA Technologies Division, Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM)
- Stanley Krolikoski, distinguished engineer, Strategic Alliances, Cadence Design Systems (NASDAQ: CDNS)
- Richard Trihy, director, Design Infrastructure, GLOBALFOUNDRIES
“The board of directors plays a critical role in providing Si2 with guidance within our increasingly complex ecosystem,” said John Ellis, president and CEO, Si2. “Our members are presented with exciting, new opportunities through the promise of Internet of Things, self-driving cars, and virtual reality. At the same time industry and member consolidation continues to rapidly change the industry landscape and relationships. Fortunately, our board of directors represent the entire semiconductor design supply chain and are well-equipped to help identify the challenges and roadblocks for Si2 topromote design agility through interoperable design tools.”
More information on the Si2 annual member meeting can be found at http://www.si2.org/events/2017_member_meeting/
At DAC, Si2 is hosting a number of events featuring the latest innovations in application of the OpenAccess database, training on use of the scripting interface to OpenAccess, the latest developments in system-level power modeling, and a new, high-level layout modeling language, to name a few. Please visit: http://www.si2.org/dac-2017 for more information.
Founded in 1988, Si2 is a leading research and development joint venture that provides standard interoperability solutions for integrated circuit design tools. All Si2 activities are carried out under the auspices of the The National Cooperative Research and Production Act of 1993, the fundamental law that defines R&D joint ventures and offers them a large measure of protection against federal antitrust laws. The Si2 international membership includes semiconductor foundries, fabless manufacturers, and EDA companies.
Terry Berke, 512-342-2244, ext. 308