Report Examines Perspectives, Cost Expectations and Approaches Used by DoD Contractors
(PRUnderground) April 13th, 2021
Apptega, a leading innovator of software solutions for simplifying cybersecurity & compliance, and SecureStrux, a leading provider of specialized services for compliance, vulnerability management, cybersecurity strategies, and engineering solutions, have published the inaugural CMMC Preparation Study for 2021. Key findings from the study include:
- 81% of the study participants indicated that CMMC is an important initiative needed to protect sensitive information within the Defense Industrial Base (DIB)
- In spite of agreement on the importance of CMMC, nearly one-third of the participants indicated that CMMC will create unnecessary burdens and costs
- Two-thirds of the participants indicated that moving quickly to demonstrate compliance with CMMC will create a competitive advantage for their organization
- Nearly 50% of the participants indicated that they expect to see business growth opportunities linked to achieving CMMC readiness and certification
- Most contractors are taking a hybrid approach to preparation, utilizing both internal personnel and consulting assistance. Very few are completely dependent on a consultant
“The CMMC Preparation Study is a great example of our commitment to leading innovation in cybersecurity and compliance,” said Gavin Harris, Vice President of Operations for Apptega. “Similar to cybersecurity compliance initiatives in other sectors, we’re very pleased to see many contractors in the DIB expecting to gain competitive advantages and growth opportunities by moving quickly to demonstrate compliance with CMMC. We’re also honored to provide the platform that is helping many of these organizations address the new cybersecurity maturity requirements and achieve their objectives.”
The full report can be downloaded at https://www.apptega.com/white-papers/cmmc-prep-study.
SecureStrux is a cybersecurity firm with deep roots in the realms of regulatory compliance, security engineering and managed security services. Since 2008 our experts have provided solutions covering vulnerability management, engineering strategy and implementation, and consulting to DoD and DIB contractors like Lockheed Martin, RAND Corporation, and dozens of enterprise-level and small to mid-sized businesses. Our mission is to translate our decades of combined security experience into optimized, secure, and compliant solutions for our clients in the DIB, commercial, manufacturing, and air and space industries. To learn more about how we can help you with cybersecurity and compliance, visit https://securestrux.com/ .
About Apptega, Inc.
As cyber-threats and regulatory mandates continue to expand, organizations are challenged by the difficulties of implementing effective cybersecurity and compliance programs. With Apptega, organizations of all sizes, including Fortune 500 enterprises, Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs), and CMMC-AB Registered Provider Organizations (RPOs), are meeting the challenges of cybersecurity, compliance and certification. Apptega is at the intersection of simple user experiences and patent-pending technology, providing an innovative platform paired with industry frameworks used to build, manage and report great cybersecurity. For more information, visit apptega.com.
The post CMMC Preparation Study Published by Apptega and SecureStrux first appeared on PRUnderground.Press Contact
Original Press Release.