Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: AMRX) (“Amneal” or the “Company”) today announced the release of its inaugural Corporate Responsibility Report with primarily 2020 data and select 2021 highlights. This initial report provides stakeholders with details around the Company’s commitment to good environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices that are strategic, impactful, and embedded into the Company’s culture. The report highlights five key areas of impact relating to the Company’s people, products, governance, planet and community, and includes a deeper look at Amneal’s role in the fight against COVID-19.
“Since our founding in 2002, we have maintained a deep commitment to the core principles of ESG, and they are integrated throughout our Amneal 2.0 strategy. As we look out over the long-term, we believe all aspects of our company, particularly our people and products, have a profound opportunity to provide a meaningful and lasting impact for our stakeholders and the world,” said Chirag and Chintu Patel, Co-Chief Executive Officers.
By deepening its commitment to ESG practices, Amneal is focused on what matters most: responsibly helping make healthy possible through access to high-quality, accessible medications. The Company is driving that vision in the following ways:
- Strengthening the talent, diversity and capabilities of its employee family and Board of Directors;
- Directing its considerable R&D capabilities to provide affordable access for patients to complex and next generation medicines;
- Deepening its portfolio of innovative Specialty products focused on Central Nervous System/Movement Disorders and Endocrinology to help address unmet therapeutic needs;
- Driving efficiencies across its global facilities and supply chain that minimize consumption of natural resources; and
- Enhancing support for social advocacy, therapeutic communities, employee volunteerism and philanthropic partnerships.
Amneal plans to continue updating key stakeholders on its corporate social responsibility commitments and looks forward to evolving it’s reporting to incorporate guidance from leading ESG standard-setting and framework organizations within future updates.
To view Amneal’s sustainability report, please visit: https://www.amneal.com/about/responsibility/
Director, ESG Programs and Reporting