CHICAGO, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 03/29/11 -- The Appleseed Fund (NASDAQ: APPLX), a value fund investing in sustainable, undervalued companies, has introduced a new Institutional Class of shares, trading on the Nasdaq Exchange under the symbol "APPIX." Detailed information on the Appleseed Fund's institutional class, a prospectus, and information on the Fund's performance are available at www.AppleseedFund.com.
"We have structured this Institutional Class to reduce investment expenses for shareholders," said Billy Pekin, the Fund's co-portfolio manager. "With a minimum $100,000 investment, this no-load fund class charges a net expense rate of 0.99% per year."
During the three year period ending December 31, 2010, the Fund generated an 11.2% annualized return, versus a market annualized return as measured by the S&P 500 Index of (-2.8%). As a result, Appleseed remained the top performing mid-cap value fund among 360 funds during that three year period, according to Morningstar. The Fund's annualized return since inception (12/08/06) was 7.7% compared with the S&P 500 Index return of (-0.6%).
About the Appleseed Fund:
- Appleseed Fund manages $150 million.
- The Fund is managed by Pekin Singer Strauss, a Chicago-based value-oriented investment firm with over $800 million of assets under management.
- More information can be found on the Appleseed Fund website, www.appleseedfund.com.
- Through 12/31/2010, the Appleseed Fund generated a one-year return of 4.9% and an annualized return of 7.7% since the Fund's inception on 12/08/06. During that same period, the S&P 500 Index generated a one-year return of 15.1% and an annualized return of -0.6%. The Fund's past performance does not guarantee future results. The investment return and principal value of an investment in the Fund will fluctuate so that an investor's shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Current performance of the Fund may be lower or higher than the performance quoted. The gross expense ratio of the Fund's institutional shares is 1.39%, and the net expense ratio after contractual fee waivers is 0.99%. The advisor has contracted with the Fund to waive fees to maintain a 0.99% expense ratio (excluding indirect expenses) for Institutional Class shareholders of the Fund through February 29, 2012.
- You should carefully consider the investment objectives, potential risks, management fees, and charges and expenses of the Fund before investing. The Fund's prospectus contains this and other information about the Fund, and should be read carefully before investing. You may obtain a current copy of the Fund's prospectus or performance data current to the most recent month end by calling 1-800-470-1029. The investment return and principal value of an investment in the Fund will fluctuate so that an investor's shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost.
- There is no guarantee that this or any investment strategy will succeed; the strategy is not an indicator of future performance; and investment results may vary. Distributed by Unified Financial Securities, Inc., 2960 North Meridian Street, Suite 300, Indianapolis, IN 46208. (Member FINRA)
Capital Insight Partners