NEW YORK, Nov. 1, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- British Airways, together with its partners American Airlines and Iberia, are marking the anniversary of their joint business with sale fares to London and select European destinations.
World Traveller economy roundtrip airfares begin at $448 between New York (JFK or Newark) and London. Comparable airfares are available from all 20 British Airways' U.S. cities and San Juan, Puerto Rico. Fares are available for sale through Tuesday midnight (EST), Nov. 15, 2011. World Traveller fares are valid for travel Nov. 8, 2011 to Dec. 17, 2011 and Dec. 25, 2011 to Apr. 1, 2012.
European cities on sale include Edinburgh, Manchester, Paris, Rome, Madrid, Barcelona, Budapest, Prague and Amsterdam. Sample roundtrip fares include Atlanta/Edinburgh from $548, Boston/Rome from $676, Los Angeles/Budapest from $666 and Phoenix/Paris from $608.
World Traveller Plus, the airline's premium economy class, is also on sale. Fares begin from $748 between New York (JFK or Newark) and London. Club World, the award winning business class, is also offering discounted fares from $2694 between New York (JFK or Newark) and London. Club World offers a complete flat bed.
World Traveller and World Traveller Plus roundtrip fares must be booked and purchased seven days in advance and are nonrefundable. Club World roundtrip fares must be booked 14 days in advance. Fares may be higher for other travel dates and from other U.S. departure gateways. Weekend (Thursday-Sunday) surcharge applies at $50 each way. Fares do not include government fees and taxes from approximately $150 to $310 and a $2.50 September 11 Security Fee. Minimum stay of Saturday night is required and maximum stay is six months, with all travel completed by Jun. 15, 2012. Other significant restrictions apply.
Further information on this promotion, including details on hotels offered within the sale, is available by visiting the airline's website, www.ba.com/sale.
Notes to Editor:
- Sample roundtrip fares from all 20 U.S. and Puerto Rico gateways to London:
|New York (JFK and Newark)||$448|
|Washington, D.C., Baltimore||$448|
|Miami, Orlando, Tampa||$498|
|Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston||$548|
|Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Francisco||$548|
|San Diego, Las Vegas, Seattle||$598|
- American Airlines, British Airways and Iberia have launched their transatlantic joint business, giving customers access to a global network of over 400 destinations, more convenient connections and better scheduled travel times.
- World Traveller Plus (premium economy) features a 38-inch pitch reclining seat with its own separate cabin on all British Airways wide body longhaul aircraft.
- British Airways' 'dynamic packaging' on ba.com allows customers to buy flight+hotel packages in one easy booking and provides BA with a strong proposition in the increasingly sophisticated and price conscious leisure travel market. The 'lowest price holiday finder' will display alternative holiday dates to the requested customer's departure date enabling them to see at a glance the best time of the week to travel on. This will benefit anyone looking for value, anyone on a budget, flexible holiday-makers and those who do not have the time to shop around.
- London Heathrow's Terminal 5 is the exclusive home to British Airways and has looked after more than 70 million customers. Customer feedback has been excellent.
The British Airways logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=1862
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACT: Americas Communications (212) 716 0477