NEWARK, N.J., April 4, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- British Airways customers traveling from Newark can now experience a more premium travel departure thanks to a multi-million dollar investment to provide customers with new services, both on the ground and in the air.
British Airways today opened its new Galleries lounge - twice the size of the previous offering and relocated near the airline's new home at gates B50-58. Only steps from security, the new lounge will reduce walking time by half and provide comfortable seating for up to 177 customers. The stylish lounge has dedicated dining areas, offering First guests private dining booths and Club World customers self-serve pre-flight dining.
Customers will also soon benefit from refurbished British Airways Boeing 767 aircraft, the first of which has already entered service. It is the first of 14 aircraft which will be renovated to improve customer comfort, offering the airline's newest designs and a contemporary style. In addition, passengers traveling on OpenSkies nonstop to Paris from Newark this June will be able to take advantage of a new Eco class, in addition to its Biz Bed and Prem Plus cabins.
Simon Talling-Smith, British Airways' Executive Vice President Americas, said, "British Airways understands the importance of delivering a superior international travel experience to businesses located near Newark. From faster check-in to the most convenient and luxurious lounge facilities, we are continuing to listen to what our customers want and delivering premium products to serve their needs."
Over the next five years British Airways will be investing more than £5billion in new aircraft, smarter cabins, elegant lounges, and new technologies to make life more comfortable in the air and on the ground.
New First and Club Lounge
- Two Silver Bars are stocked with fine wines and premium spirits.
- Work and Entertainment Zones offer computers and power outlets throughout the lounge, with TVs, a choice of newspapers, magazines and complimentary Wi-fi.
- Elemis products are located in the Ladies and Gents washrooms and shower.
New Look Fleet
- Once complete, the B767s will feature refurbished sidewalls and bulkheads, new carpets and newly recessed overhead bins with extra space and new lighting throughout.
- Seats will feature the same herringbone covers as on the Club World London City Service, while customers in World Traveller Plus can now order the same main dining option from the Club World menu.
New OpenSkies Service
- In June the airline will boast a three cabin aircraft: Biz Bed, Prem Plus and Eco.
- Customers in Biz Bed will experience the ground improvements with access to the Newark lounge and pre-flight dining. They will also benefit in the air from new duvets, offering a true sleeper service product.
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACT: Americas Communications Americas.email@example.com