NEW YORK, May 16, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Commemorating 60 years of the accession of Queen Elizabeth II to the throne, British Airways (BA) today launched a last minute fare to London - $1952 all-inclusive roundtrip in Club World (business class) from select cities.
The three day sale starts on Wednesday, May 16 and concludes at 11:59pm local time on Friday, May 18. Customers can travel outbound from May 26 with all travel completed by June 9, giving them the opportunity to see the Carriage Procession, The Thames Pageant and a host of performances and events.
Simon Talling-Smith, Executive Vice President Americas, said, "We wanted to mark the Queen's Jubilee with a special offer for our customers. It is an exciting time to be in the UK this year, from the Diamond Jubilee to the London Olympics and Paralympics this summer. What better way to travel to London than by flying in our Club World flat bed – arriving refreshed and ready to wave to the Queen at the Procession."
The $1952 fare includes all taxes, fees and charges and is valid from select U.S. and Canadian cities. The New York JFK to London City service is also included in this special offer.
Award Winning Club World
Customers flying in Club World will experience the airline's award-winning business class. The cabin allows customers to define their own space and what they want to do with it combining elements from the home and business to create a sleek, yet comfortable environment.
As well as the 6ft. fully flat beds, the cabin offer greater privacy and more storage, the Club Kitchen, multi channel on demand in-flight entertainment and excellent dining and wines.
Customers can also pick up great package deals by booking hotels or car hire through ba.com, creating an extra special holiday in the UK.
Visit ba.com/1952 to book.
Notes to editors:
- Sample roundtrip fares from select U.S. gateways to London and Manchester:
|New York (JFK and Newark)||$1,952|
|Boston, Philadelphia, Dallas/Ft. Worth||$1,952|
|Washington, D.C., Baltimore||$1,952|
|Miami, Chicago, Atlanta||$1,952|
|Seattle, Los Angeles, Denver||$1,952|
|San Francisco, San Diego||$1,952|
- Great summer fares are also available from all British Airways U.S. gateways.
- Canadian gateways to London are Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver and Calgary. Canada fares are based in Canadian Dollars.
- American Airlines, British Airways and Iberia have launched their transatlantic joint business, giving customers access to a global network of over 400 destinations, more convenient connections and better scheduled travel times.
- All flights are based on roundtrip purchases.
- Terms and conditions apply and are available on ba.com.
- Seats are subject to availability.
The British Airways logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=1862
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACT: Americas Communications 212 716 0477 Follow us on Twitter @BritishAirways