Free two night stay when purchasing flights
Great offers on new British Airways destinations
NEW YORK, Jan. 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- British Airways and VisitBritain have sent out their "Big British Invite" today, offering deals and experiences in the UK, including two nights free accommodation in select UK hotels.
The two free nights offer is available when customers purchase a roundtrip airfare between the US and the UK. The offer is valid through Sunday midnight (EST), Mar. 31, 2013. The free hotel stay is valid for travel from Jan. 9, 2013 through May 31, 2013.
Participating hotels in London include Royal National, President, Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum, Holiday Inn London Stratford City, Aloft London Excel and Rembrandt. In Edinburgh, Holiday Inn Edinburgh and Thistle Glasgow are offered.
Hotels offered in Glasgow include the Premier Inn Glasgow Charing Cross and Argyll Hotel Glasgow. Jurys Inn Newcastle is offered and in Manchester the Premier Inn Manchester Portland Street and the Holiday Inn Manchester West are offered.
The two free hotel nights are based on double occupancy; single occupants are offered one free hotel night.
British Airways and VisitBritain have also partnered for a "Big British Invite", inviting travellers looking for a Great Britain island adventure – all 60 million acres. As part of the campaign, customers booking the two free nights offer will also receive a "Better Island Band", offering customers exclusive experiences including: two for one scotch tastings at Glengoyne; two for one admission at Tower of London; premium upgrade at Cardiff Castle and more exciting offers during the campaign.
Hotel accommodation can be booked and purchased with British Airways published roundtrip airfares that originate in the US during the promotional period. Restrictions apply.
Further information on this promotion and other British Airways offers are available by visiting the airline's website, www.ba.com/bigbritishinvite
Notes to editors:
- British Airways began flying to 20 new routes this winter season, including Zagreb, Monrovia, Belfast, Bergen, Amman and Seoul. Great offers are now available for travel through Mar. 15, 2013; fares from New York (JFK or EWR) to Johannesburg begin from $990 and fares from New York (JFK or EWR) to Amman begin from $799. Visit www.ba.com/europe-offer for more details
- Free hotel offers must be booked with roundtrip transatlantic published British Airways or British Airways codeshare operated by American Airlines or Iberia airfare
- All flights must originate from US gateways only
- Terms and conditions apply and are available on ba.com
- Seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability
ABOUT BRITISH AIRWAYS
British Airways is the UK's largest international scheduled airline. It flies its customers at convenient times to the best located airports across the world.
It is one of the world's leading global premium airlines and its principal place of business is London with significant presence at Heathrow, Gatwick and London City Airports. The airline flies approximately 32 million customers a year to more than 150 cities in 75 countries around the world.
British Airways is a full service airline offering a range of flights to UK domestic, shorthaul and longhaul destinations. Over the next five years British Airways will be investing more than £5bn in new aircraft, smarter cabins, elegant lounges and new technologies to make life more comfortable in the air and on the ground.
In 2010 British Airways formed a joint business with American Airlines and Iberia which provides customers with greater access to discounted fares, more convenient connections and better access to a global network of more than 500 destinations.
British Airways is a founding member of oneworld, the alliance of airlines around the globe, which serves some 700 destinations, and offers the best connections.
Whether customers are in the air or on the ground, British Airways takes pride in providing a full service experience.
More information is available at www.ba.com.
The British Airways logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=1862
- Americans made 2.8 million visits to the UK in 2011 and spent US $3.8 billion – placing them in the UK's top three most important markets for visitors. The US remains top spot in terms of market value for inbound tourism.
- VisitBritain, the national tourism agency, is responsible for inspiring the world to explore Britain and for developing the UK's visitor economy.
- Visitors traveling to Britain can find out more information from visitbritain.us plus purchase money and time saving local transport, sightseeing, attraction, theatre and tour tickets from visitbritainshop.us.
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACT: Americas Communications 212 716 0477