MCLEAN, Va., Feb. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.), Duncanville (Texas) and St. Mary's (Phoenix) once again hold the top three positions in the USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 national editorial rankings for girls basketball for the week of Feb. 11, 2013.
The USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 is now in its 30th year as the most prestigious high school ranking platform in the nation. Gatorade is the Official Fuel of the Super 25 rankings platform, which includes computer rankings of every major high school football, baseball, boys and girls basketball and boys and girls lacrosse team in the nation.
Windward (Los Angeles) added two wins to its record and stays at No. 4, while Riverdale (Murfreesboro, Tenn.) finished the regular season with three wins and keeps its No. 5 spot in this week's Super 25. No. 6 Marion County (Lebanon, Ky.) and No. 7 Dutch Fork (Irmo. S.C.) remain undefeated and retain their positions in the current rankings.
Good Counsel (Olney, Md.)—ranked as high as No. 11 earlier this season—rejoins the Super 25 this week as No. 13 after defeating then-No. 10 Paul VI (Fairfax, Va.) 73-58. Paul VI's loss knocks the team out of this week's Super 25 completely.
Columbus North (Columbus, Ind.), last week's No. 11 team, advances to No. 8 in this week's rankings, while then-No. 12 Hopkins (Minnetonka, Minn.) jumps to No. 9 after adding two wins to its 20-1 record.
St. Mary's (Stockton, Calif.), previously ranked No. 18, falls to the No. 21 position in this week's rankings after losing to then-No. 17 Bishop O'Dowd (Oakland, Calif). Bishop O'Dowd advances to No. 16 in this week's Super 25.
Following is the complete listing of this week's USA TODAY High School Sports girls basketball rankings.
USA TODAY High School Sports
High School Girls Basketball Super 25
For Week of February 11, 2013
1. Mater Dei, Santa Ana, Calif. (25-0)
2. Duncanville, Texas (36-0)
3. St. Mary's, Phoenix (23-1)
4. Windward, Los Angeles (25-0)
5. Riverdale, Murfreesboro, Tenn. (26-0)
6. Marion County, Lebanon, Ky. (29-0)
7. Dutch Fork, Irmo, S.C. (24-0)
8. Columbus (Ind.) North (25-0)
9. Hopkins, Minnetonka, Minn. (20-1)
10. St. John's, Washington, D.C. (24-1)
11. Parkview, Lilburn, Ga. (25-0)
12. Shabazz, Newark (21-1)
13. Good Counsel, Olney, Md. (21-3)
14. Myers Park, Charlotte (22-0)
15. Pflugerville, Texas (34-0)
16. Bishop O'Dowd, Oakland (21-3)
17. Long Beach Poly (22-4)
18. Incarnate Word, St. Louis (23-0)
19. Edwardsville, Ill. (27-0)
20. Martin Luther King, Detroit (20-0)
21. St. Mary's, Stockton, Calif. (25-2)
22. Southwood, Shreveport, La. (27-1)
23. Twinsburg, Ohio (21-0)
24. North Gwinnett, Suwanee, Ga. (22-1)
25. Montini, Lombard, Ill. (29-1)
For more information on the Super 25, visit USA TODAY High School Sports.
The USA TODAY Sports Media Group encompasses all sports initiatives across USA TODAY Sports and Gannett's more than 100 well-known local media brands. It also includes the sports photography service USA TODAY Sports Images, USA TODAY High School Sports and the hundreds of sites within USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties such as thebiglead.com and mixed martial arts site MMAjunkie.com, among others. USA TODAY is owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).
SOURCE USA TODAY Sports Media Group