Inspired by the brand’s 75-year heritage and iconic print ads from as early as the 1950s, the collection tells the story of workmanship and longevity.
Global denim icon Wrangler® today announced a limited collection of reissued archival designs that nod to defining moments in the brand’s rich history. Since 1947, Wrangler has played a leading role in bringing western fashion into the spotlight, sharing the cowboy spirit with rockstars, idols and everyday trendsetters who live by their own rules. Wrangler Reissue continues to tell the brand’s story, bringing back famous styles that have provided inspiration for decades. As one of its final collections in a yearlong anniversary celebration, Wrangler Reissue is honoring signature favorites including:
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221116005291/en/
Since 1947, Wrangler has played a leading role in bringing western fashion into the spotlight, sharing the cowboy spirit with rockstars, idols and everyday trendsetters who live by their own rules. (Photo: Business Wire)
- The Selvedge Jacket is a replica of the 24MJZ jacket originally introduced in the early 1960s and made from the last remnants of American-made selvedge denim from the White Oak plant of Cone Mills in Greensboro.
- The Cowboy Cut Comic Book Jean and Jacket takes inspiration from the 1950s collectible western comic books that were included in the back pocket of all Wrangler jeans. The leading denim brand’s current in-house artist mimicked and updated the style to capture the essence of cowboy courage for 2022.
- The Women’s Blue Bell Jacket. This replica of a 1950s women’s denim jacket is considered the first ever ‘color denim’. The jacket is dyed a pale blue color that was unique to Wrangler with shaping and comfort created from a pleated front and embroidered rivets.
- The Women’s Blue Bell Jean. The 14MWZ is the ultimate cowgirl jean from the same lineage as the men’s 13MWZ, celebrated here with our 1950’s replica jacket – the Women’s Blue Bell Jacket.
- The Red Denim Embroidered Jacket, The red dyed 24MJZ jacket from Wrangler with yellow chain stitch embroidery with the brand’s iconic phrase “jeans shirts jackets” is a legendary piece of denim history from the 1950s.
“The Wrangler back patch and stitched W’s have made their mark in history and signify our legacy of craftsmanship,” said Vivian Rivetti, global VP of design at Wrangler. “Our anniversary is the perfect opportunity to reintroduce some of the classic styles and signature design elements that have made the brand what it is today, drawing inspiration not only from pieces that were actually produced, but design concepts from decades past that are now coming to fruition for the first time."
Wrangler®, of Kontoor Brands (NYSE: KTB), has been an icon in authentic American style for 75 years. With a rich legacy rooted in the Western lifestyle, Wrangler is committed to offering superior quality and timeless design. Its collections for men, women, and children look and feel great, inspiring all those who wear them to be strong and ready for everyday life. Wrangler is available in retail stores worldwide, including flagship stores in Fort Worth and Greensboro, department stores, mass-market retailers, specialty shops, top western outfitters, and online. For more information, visit Wrangler.com.